Airbus Defence and Space Bahía de Cádiz
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Materials and Processes Project Engineerhas arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Centro Bahía de Cádiz.
The successful applicant will join Materials & Process TEIM Department .
We are looking for an Engineer or Sciences Degree with experience in Materials and Processes Projects and Quality, focused on Industrial Processes Qualification, Labs Approvals, Processes Control, testing of materials & Processes and projects in the Manufacturing and Special Processes field.
The position requires a good balance between a high technical expertise in the M&P Projects and Quality, manufacturing processes, special processes, materials and testing in general, and managerial skills.
You will be in charge of the following activities:
· Processes Industrial Qualification and Approvals. Definition, coordination and execution of technology qualification Plans. Spreading out and implementing process qualification requirements for Airbus DS Military Aircraft (e.g. CASA1400 and others), for both in-house processes and extended enterprise. Managing qualifications of industrial special processes and associated staff, in both internals and in the suppliers.
· Perform technical assessments of capabilities and risks from the special processes/manufacturing processes point of view. Evaluate compliance against the requirements. Technical Audits
· Carry out analysis of deviations and anomalies of special/manufacturing processes and materials.
· Definition and coordination of Processes Control (Special Processes scope) in internal Plants and FALs.
· Design, management and evaluation of material test Plans. Disposition of the test results. Impact analysis.
· Prioritizing, validating, controlling and ensuring time, cost and quality of Special/manufacturing Processes deliverables for M&P-PE Projects.
· Definition and proposals the improvement, action and correction Plans when required. Driving lessons learnt.
· Leading technical work specifications creation for M&P-PE Projects
· Representing the M&P-PE department in MFTs, Task Groups in the Projects and scopes assigned.
* Individual activities:
· Acting as a technical specialist in the field of assigned technologies and scope.
· Maintain technological awareness in the assigned technology/knowledge areas.
· Contribute to the preparation of technology roadmaps from projects needs and technology survey in coordination with Technical Domains as required.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Educated to degree level in Engineering, will be valuable Master's Engineer or Master`s Sciences Degree.
· Experience, at least 2 years, in Special Processes/M&P-Q, especially, but not only, in composites manufacturing, electrical manufacturing processes, surface and protection processes, heat treatment, welding, assemblies, testing of materials, sealants, coatings, paints and Processes Control.
· Good Knowledge and experience of processes for materials & processes qualification,
· You are able to manage new supplier qualifications and previous led problem-solving activities, performed audits and reviews at supplier level and analysed risks.
· Experience in impact analysis.
· Good knowledge and experience on EN9100, Nadcap Program and Quality regulations.
· Good knowledge and experience in Lean concept and tools.
· knowledge European Rules with regard to REACH legal issues and are aware of Health & Safety issues.
· You will have also experience/knowledge in:
o Management of R&D studies projects,
o Scientific and technology laboratories (materials analysis, physical observation of samples), etc.
o Project Management,
o Organization of events.
o Technical topics.
· Basic Skills
You are recognized for your flexibility, interpersonal skills, ability to find solutions and for your ability to face pressure.
A good level of English and Spanish is required for this position. Other languages are also appreciated.
Availability for very frequent travelling is required
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).