Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a Junior Chief Engineer R&T Projects FCAS (d/f/m) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching.
Aircraft Architect activities cover the following scope:
· Contribute to the definition of the product strategy by the assessment of candidate products performance, economics, environmental characteristics or other driving parameters
· Ensure optimal Overall Product Integration in accordance with customer requirements and needs, considering its complete life cycle - Elicit and validate aircraft requirements
· Trade candidate architectures and design solutions and select optimum ones versus requirements, including industrialization and manufacturing optimization - Ensure proper management of interdependencies and of functional and physical interfaces
· Validate the product development logic and its assurance system towards product maturity
· Define the validation and verification strategy and validate compliance demonstration means, including safety and certification at aircraft level; for initial development and for continued evolution of the product, including enhancement beyond airworthiness requirements when necessary
· Monitor and evaluate actual behavior in-operation and trigger preventive and corrective design changes to ensure customer requirements are met for the life of the vehicle
Further tasks include:
· Build up and maintain the FCAS technology database and connect it to the MBSE tools used within FCAS.
· Negotiate with partner companies and harmonize the different positions with regards to the content of the database.
· Establish the tooling and tracking for the overall alignment of the FCAS technology projects and automatic generation of deliverables from the database.
· Take over the chief engineering for single FCAS technology projects is foreseen.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Completed Studies in Aeronautics
· Profound experience in a similar role
· Solid experience in Programme / Project Management
· Management and Leadership Skills
· Fluent in German and English
Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.