CRISA - Tres Cantos
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an EEE Manager has arisen within CRISA in Tres Cantos – Madrid.
The successful applicant will join ENGINEERING / Materials & processes.
The successful applicant should be able to work on shifts, if required.
Within the Airbus Defence & Space, in the frame of space activities, EEE Equipment Support is the entry-point into EEE Centre in front of "Electronics" internal customer (Electronics centre / Product-line / Project / Design / Product Assurance).
EEE Equipment Support:
· Is accountable in front of internal customer for selection, demand management (OQOTOC) and usage support of EEE and PCB (Printed Circuit Boards) related to electronic equipment at Airbus Defence and Space-Electronics level. This activity includes technical/quality support to end-customer as well as to lower tier suppliers for sub-assembly procurements.
· Contributes to EEE parts roadmap to prepare EEE future in anticipation (collect and harmonize EEE needs from all internal customers, propose technical solution to commodity/strategy group, feed-back the finally agreed roadmap to internal customers and ensure application in design team)
· Ensures link between internal customer and EEE centre, locally embedded in the various centres as part of project/product/design/PA teams EEE Manager responsibilities and tasks:
· The EEE manager acts within the EEE Equipment Support.
· He is the responsible interface between the three core functions of the EEE Centre (engineering, supply quality & laboratories, supply&strategy) and our internal customers.
· The EEE manager is working together with various groups and colleagues including design and EEE engineers, procurement, program managers as well as product assurance and external customers.
· His role involves discussions on technical and EEE design topics, product assurance and quality issues as well as procurement and contractual topics. Due to these various interfaces many exciting and fundamental topics arise in his daily work needing a high level of coordination and communication.
The EEE manager is the responsible link to the product lines (including manufacturing) as well as the design, project and product assurance teams. Within this important interface role the EEE manager is:
· accountable in front of internal customer for all topics on EEE-parts and printed circuits boards (PCB).
· responsible for EEE selection management , demand management (on quality, on time, on cost) and usage support.
· responsible for technical /quality support to end-customer (internal or external) as well as to lower tier suppliers for sub-assembly procurements.
· part of project core team.
· coordinating all contractual EEE and PCB requirements.
· parts procurement expert for EEE parts selection, definition of EEE Quality levels, procurement conditions and necessary evaluations and qualifications.
· managing deviations and non-conformances with users.
· application specialist supporting EEE design in selection, application and standardization
· organizing and managing the parts release process within a program
· High involvment in creation of Parts in the database (E-nº´s) and manage EEE Documents Database
At project level he will:
· Select the "right" component according to the needs and the project environments through the Part Selection Team (PST) process
· Technically lead the PST process
· Validate RVT (Radiation Verification Testing) and SEE (Single Event Effects) test plans from an application point of view
· Support the design team on all technical issues
· Support Projects during any RFI, RFQ and RFP
This role will involve frequent travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in engineering or science discipline.
· At least 3-5 years of experience in a related area.
· English and Spanish must be negotiation level, both written and spoken
· Proven experience in active and passives components.
· Strong Interfacing to electronics design community, pro-active support for all technical EEE issues
· Knowledge and experience within space programs as well as the EEE space standardization systems (MIL, ESCC).
· Experience within quality and project management.
· Demonstrable knowledge in Windchill, SAP and DATE/ACIS.
· High competence in team work, cooperation as well as negotiating skills.
· Act in a trans-national way, covering interest from all sites.
· Customer-oriented mind-set.
· High entitlements to quality schedule and costs.
· Independent and accurate way of working.
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).