Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a “DOA Assurance Engineer” (d/f/m) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join „ Engineering Military Aircraft - Design Organisation Approvals- Assurance “.
The DOA Assurance Engineer belongs to the DOA Assurance domain which is part of the Design Organisation Approvals (DOA) organisation. The mission of DOA Assurance domain is to develop the DOA assurance function throughout an effective system that ensures the continuous compliance and effectiveness of the Design Assurance System (DAS) with the applicable Airworthiness requirements and to maintain the confidence of Airworthiness Authorities in the design organisation and design organisation approvals and privileges.
DOA Assurance domain is also responsible for the management of the interface between Airworthiness Authorities and Airbus DS for the purpose of maintaining the design approvals and privileges.
DOA Assurance Engineer has the following responsibilities in order to achieve the above main functions:
· to execute the DOA Surveillance throughout the proper application of the DOA assurance tools (e.g. DOA assessment, DOA Surveillance Scorecard, evaluation of safety occurrences with potential DOA root cause, etc…), including investigation and follow-up DOA findings and queries up to their timely resolution.
· be part of the management function, holding the interface between Airworthiness Authorities and Airbus DS for the purpose of maintaining the design approvals, to:
· Manage such interface (surveillance, review meetings, etc,),
· Ensure adequate preparation (e.g. dry-runs) of the Airworthiness Authorities assessments and surveillance activities and enable their execution
· Follow-up until resolution of Airworthiness Authorities findings and queries, ensuring proper coordination and control.
· Conduct investigation on DOA issues.
· Evaluate hazards for impact on DOA-SMS (Design Organisation Approval Safety Management System), conducting investigation, implementing actions and following them up to their timely resolution.
· Conduct DOA-SMS assurance function.
· Provide expertise to the design organisation in DOA related topics under scope.
· Support DOA Management, Policies and Expertise domain in their mission to obtain, manage and maintain the design organisation approvals of Airbus DS.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Completed Studies in Aeronautical Engineering
· First experience in engineering activities
· Familiar with Design Office and Airworthiness activities
· Experience in Part 21/EMAR 21/DEMAR 21 requirements
· Advanced German and English skills
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.