Airbus Defence and Space Barajas
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe's number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
You will carry out Designer activities for Spacecraft Structure design tasks, not only from a mechanical point of view, also thermal and electrical tasks according to applicable procedures.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Responsibility for the generation, control, correctness, accuracy and relevance of all drawings, models, Digital Mock Up (DMU), bills of materials and Engineering Change Notes as related to the configured items for allocated project(s) to cost and schedule.
· Ensuring all outputs from the Design Office (DO) are correct to the project requirements as stated by the core team (generally the Responsible Engineer). All the project Design Office outputs must be checked, signed and stamped by the design engineer to the checklists and CATIA procedures.
· Authorizing design signatory for manufacturing drawings, BoM's and assembly drawings
· Responsibility for the estimation and planning of DO related activities.
· Providing support to other general DO activities, e.g. Process improvements, bids etc.
· On request, support to Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration & Tests (MAIT) in case of anomaly or difficulty.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline with working background the Aerospace industry.
· Excellent working knowledge and experience of CATIA V5.
· Strong Engineering & technical background including working knowledge of FTA (Functional Tolerancing & Annotations ).
· Practical understanding of Design solution for spacecrafts and launchers.
Desirable skills / experience are of interest, but NOT essential as training / support will be provided.
· Experience of Electrical harness module of CATIA V5.
· Experience of Smarteam.
· Experience managing a small team.
· Experience of CATIA V6 and Windchill.
· Experience managing work packages, dealing with budgets and headcount requirements.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).