Airbus Defence and Space SA
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Cost Accountant has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Getafe. The successful applicant will join the TFDAS department.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Defining, validating and managing CO master data (cost elements, cost centers, WBS elements, etc.).
- Defining and/or maintaining statistical key figures, hourly rates and allocation cycles to ensure all costs are correctly allocated.
- Performing month-end closing activities, analyzing possible errors and taking the necessary actions to solve them.
- Support the budgetary process: setting up the timeline, delivering main assumptions, performing simulations and controlling the consistency of budget
data in SAP.
- Delivering and ensuring consistency of monthly reportings such as costs by nature/destination, recovery analysis, productivity report, missing hours, etc.
- Determining operational and financial KPIs to allow the analysis of financial data.
- Managing master data in SimpliFI, ensuring consistency with local SAP.
- Participating in local and corporate projects.
- Supporting finance community, providing all necessary data and analyzing possible issues.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- Academic degree in Economics, Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 3 years' experience in accounting, budget controlling or a related area.
- Good knowledge of SAP CO.
- Proactive and independent working style.
- Ability to deal with various stakeholders and all levels of management.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving approach
- English and Spanish: negotiation level.