Cloud Reliability Engineer [SP]
Airbus Defence and Space Barajas
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
This position acts as the Information Management focal point for all new requirements and actions in the frame of Digitalization.
Information Management (IM) delivers the expertise, technology and equipment for Airbus Space and Aerospace products – We make it fly!
IM is transforming and evolving but, we need even more talented people who can make a real difference to how we support, enable and deliver a diverse range of technological solutions and services to our customers.
As part of our transformation the new operating model is oriented around multi-functional, agile teams working with the business and developing our digital capabilities. What does this mean for you? A role in IM is an opportunity for you to grow and to develop your career in a progressive and innovative environment.
Our people the teams they work in and the values embedded in IM, are driving this change and you could be part of that too.
· Customer Realibity Engineer as part of the IM Digital Incubator, this role actively contributes to Airbus DS IM Digitalization Program,
· Be responsible for Airbus DS Cloud Platforms’ success and smooth adoption across the businesses,
· Mentor and train Airbus internal and external customers with designing and supporting the implementation of applications for the Airbus Cloud Platforms,
· Foster the IM Digital Incubator Portfolio Management, by being actively involved in scoping, timeline and financial planning, on cost and quality,
· Being an active contributor of the IM Digital Incubator roadmap,
· Active contributor of the IM Digital Capabilities allocated within Airbus Defence & Space in the frame of the IM Digitalization Program, supporting IM business digital strategy,
· The jobholder supports proof of concepts, prototypes as well as IM projects thus contributing to develop activities from Innovation until industrialization.
· The jobholder always ensures a smooth transition to operations with regards to official projects of the IM portfolio
· Supporting activities related to change management of the IM organization, and lead by IM Digital Incubator Team.
· Obsessed with delivering the best customer service,
· Power of evangelisation through great listening, writing, and verbal communication skills,
· Passion for emerging technologies and excited at the prospect of building upon your existing technical knowledge and learning new skills,
· Strong experience with Enterprise Cloud platform deployments at scale: AWS, Azure, Google, OVH knowledge (any certification will be appreciated)
· Strong understanding of networking and systems architecture,
· Unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices,
· Proven track record working in Agile Scrum and/or Kanban projects,
· Work in small and self-sufficient multi-disciplinary teams responsible for end to end product development,
· 5+ years of experience with Linux and/or Windows system administration,
· Great test-driven coding abilities in at least one object-oriented programming language,
· Mastering of at least one cloud orchestration technology (CloudFormation, Terraform, bosh, libcloud, Spinnaker…)
· Knowledge in OS automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, ..)
· Familiarity with container orchestration (Docker Swarn, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenShift)
· Experience with application orchestration and packaging (Jenkin, Bamboo, Packer, Artifactory, Nexus…)
· Test automation knowledge would be a bonus (Jira Xray, Postman, Cucumber, Selenium)
· Knowledge of the following technologies would be appreciated: Apache, Nginx, IIS, Tomcat, JBoss, Varnish, Memcached, Redis, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4j, MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server.
· Technology and Business background:
o Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Telecom Engineering.
o MBA preferred.
· 3-5 years of relevant quantitative and qualitative industry experience.
· Digital Transformation & Entrepreneurial Mindset.
· Good knowledge of Digitalization Capabilities (at least two of them: AR/VR, IoT, 3D Printing, Drones, Cloud, Big Data ...)
· Understanding of the general, technical and business environment in which Airbus Defence and Space operates,
· Ability to work in multifunctional teams across Airbus and Airbus Defence and Space networks,
· Strong communication skills, at all levels of the organization,
· Digital overview of the market digital maturity,
· Agility/ New Ways of Working,
· Team player, collaborative working style,
· Totally customer oriented,
· Autonomous and proactive ways of working,
· Creativity, engagement & motivation,
· Fluent in English. Other European Languages will be a plus,
· Willing to travel.