Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
As a Big Data Software Engineer, you will be at the forefront of further developing our Data Analytics solutions. The main task will be to support the existing business units, find new ways to address their challenges with digital technologies and support the creation of new services.
Your key roles and responsibilities include:
- Installation and management of new Linux & Web services and big data tools on own Linux servers
- Solving problems with existing tools, also in cooperation with the local information management team
- Collecting data and 'datawrangling', i.e. transforming, cleansing and linking with other data
- Provide data sets for machine data models; determine relationships between data source attributes
- Apply data mining techniques to perform statistical analysis
- Development and implementation of program prototypes, e.g. in C#, Python, Java or similar
- Support in the implementation of proof-of-concept and projects within the Eurofighter Community
- Promote new working methods and new data governance models
- Present the results to different target groups; from engineers to managers
- Sharing and exchanging knowledge with other teams and in close cooperation with the Airbus DTO Team
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Completed studies in computer science, mathematics or equivalent engineering degree
- Experience with data manipulation, data cleansing and feature engineering
- Knowledge of statistical analysis (e.g. mean, standard deviation, correlations, etc.)
- Knowledge of programming in one or more of the following languages: R, Python, Java, Matlab or similar
- Knowledge about machine learning, data mining, statistical analysis and modelling
- Knowledge of visualization tools (such as RShiny, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Hadoop infrastructure (e.g. HDFS, Spark)
- Solid experience with SQL technologies (SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, SAP, BW), NoSQL databases (HBase, MongoDB, ArangoDB, Cassandra), ETL concepts and tools
- Fluent in German and English
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.