AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Manufacturing Technician (Cyber Security)
Airbus Cyber Security is a European specialist in cyber security. Our mission is to protect governments, military and essential national infrastructure enterprises from cyber threats.
We are over 700 experts based across our main locations in France, Germany and the UK, each with a Security Operating Centre, we also operate in the US and the Middle East.
We provide a global cyber defence approach that aims to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats with a portfolio including managed security services, industrial control system offerings, encryption, key management and consultancy services.
Our goal: Protect our customers and support their needs with cyber security products.
We are passionate about cyber security. If you share our passion, we want to speak with you.
Description of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a within Airbus Cyber Security in Newport, South Wales.
You will report directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager you will manage the survey, test and repair of a variety of communication products following Airbus test procedures
Tasks and Accountabilities
· Build, test and repair of complex low volume communication products, following existing assembly and test procedures
· Maintain product assembly and test capability by identifying potential process improvements and contributing to their implementation
· Coordinate and lead the necessary activities to ensure that products are built, repaired and tested
· Ensure that cost, time and quality targets are achieved for allocated tasks
· Perform manufacturability analysis and give formal feedback to design engineering for initial build of complex communications products
· Repair PCB's to IPC standards
· Manage essential spares stock of components, Line Replaceable Items (LRIs), parts, tools, Test Equipment systems and Special-to -Type-Test Equipment (STTE)
· Qualified to A-Level/BTEC Level 3 in STEM subjects, or equivalent vocational qualifications
· Hands-on experience of applicable assembly, test and diagnosis techniques for complex electronic assemblies
· Experience in diagnostic fault finding down to component level on complex communication products with a desire to improve products and the processes used to build / test
· Experience in assembly and inspection to IPC standards (IPC J-STD-001, IPC-A-620, IPC-A-610)
In return we can offer a great compensation package with annual profit share; a growing list of company benefits and career development options across our transnational, market leading company
This role is based at our Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, and involves working within the UK Defence industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK SC level.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.