Airbus Defence and Space SA
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Airbus Defence & Space Aircraft Performance Design Office, responsible for performance of the Miltary Derivatives, UAS, A400M, C295, CN235, C212, C-101, Eurofighter & NGWS, is looking for an open-minded Practical & Pro-active spirit with a passion for Aircraft and the Physics of Flight to join the department TEAGV in Getafe, Madrid. Depending on the candidate, the scope of the role will cover one of more of the following areas:
Tasks & accountabilities
Aircraft Performance modeling (airfield and flight performance):
• Modelling definition and improvement of existing models and tools (air-vehicle dependent)
• Specification of the flight test conditions and flight test analysis requirements
• Refine, tune and optimise the aircraft performance models using flight test results
• Support aircraft performance certification process and negotiations with certification authorities
R&D, Future programs:
• Support the design phase in future programs and derivatives of existing products
• Manage inputs from aerodynamics, powerplant and landing gear design offices.
• Active participation and contribution to international R&D and R&T initiatives
• Evaluate impact on performance of aircraft & engine configuration changes
Commercial ,Customer and Ops. support:
• Suggest innovative operational solutions in order to answer to specific customer requirements
• Carry out performance studies to support sales campaigns and RFPs, customer enquiries.
• Develop and support the maintenance of certified aircraft performance calculation software
• Elaborate databanks for customer performance tools and computerized operating data solutions - FMS (Flight Management System) and MPS (Mission Planning System)
• Elaboration of AFM FCOM data
• Support flight operations and flight data analysis activities (development, certification, training, incident, accident, etc…)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated in an Aeronautical Engineering degree or a related discipline.
- From 3 to 5 years of Experience in Engineering, Professional experience in aircraft design required.
- Experience in aircraft performance highly desirable .
- Experience in aerodynamics and/or flight mechanics a plus.
- International Experience desirable (e.g. university, internships, professional activities)
- High level of English and Spanish