Airbus Defence and Space SA
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Supplier Quality Manager for MRO has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space or Airbus in Barajas. You will join the SUPPLY MANAGEMENT / Supplier Management.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include
• Manage contract execution, being responsible for supplier On Quality On Time performance.
• Perform an effective control of supplier activities, securing a close understanding of supplier overall situation and scope. Implement recovery, improvement and development plan in order to secure delivery of the products and services in conformity with contract.
• Coordinate the interfaces of all the stakeholders involved in the supplier operations management and secure coordination with the corresponding Multi-Functional or Divisional Team (MFT/MDT).
• Act as focal point towards the suppliers for operational activities and contract management, and as ambassador of the supplier toward internal functions.
• Assess suppliers during tendering phase and contribute to the selection decision.
• Manage supply chain & quality aspects of the contract, being responsible for On Time, On Quality (and on Cost when applicable) performance.
• Manage supplier quality Approval/Authorization, ensure that suppliers are compliant with certifications required in coordination with relevant stakeholders.
• Monitor or support new product introduction to ensure industrial qualification maturity before serial phase.
• Provide consolidated forecast to suppliers and ensure that suppliers will have the required capacity.
• Assess the Supplier capacity, capability & performance and contribute to the Supplier development.
• Identify the supplier industrial risks and propose mitigation actions.
• Work out short term recovery plans.
• Initiate and manage supplier performance improvement projects, set long term development targets together with the suppliers and in coordination with the Supplier Development Team.
• Contribute to the annual Supplier Evaluation Development (SED).
• Present the situation of the supplier on operational performance (KPIs, assessments…) during MFT/MDT meetings.
• Maintain a close communication and coordination with the operational teams at internal customer sites, to ensure the contribution of all relevant functions to the delivery of procured goods or services.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering or a related discipline.
• At least 3 years of experience in quality.
• Team management skills will be valued as a plus.
• Initiative, negotiation skills and pro-active approach.
• English and Spanish must be negotiation level.