Airbus AOSL Getafe
Airbus is a leading aircraft manufacturer with the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market, ranging in capacity from 100 to more than 500 seats. Airbus champions innovative technologies and offers some of the world's most fuel efficient and quiet aircraft. Airbus has sold over 13.800 aircraft to more than 360 customers worldwide. Airbus has achieved more than 8,000 deliveries since the first Airbus aircraft entered into service. Airbus is a leading aircraft manufacturer with the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market, ranging in capacity from 100 to more than 500 seats. Airbus champions innovative technologies and offers some of the world's most fuel efficient and quiet aircraft. Airbus has sold over 13.800 aircraft to more than 360 customers worldwide. Airbus has achieved more than 8,000 deliveries since the first Airbus aircraft entered into service. Headquartered in Toulouse, France.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Aerodynamic Design & Data Engineer has arisen within Airbus Operations in Getafe. The successful applicant will join the EGA department.
Your main role will be to contribute to the achievement of all aircraft projects aerodynamic requirements.
Deliver optimised aerodynamic solutions: component aero shapes, aerodynamic models and datasets to programmes and to component integration centres fulfilling the criteria of time, cost and quality.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Building aerodynamic models & dataset for Loads, Performance & Handling Qualities
· Participating in CAD activities to generate aero shapes, being part of a multidisciplinary constraints negotiations within Airbus (Future Projects, Specific Design, Systems installation and other components' Aerodynamics.
· Managing CFD and associated post-processing to assess design and build aerodynamic models.
· Managing Wind Tunnel Testing when necessary.
· Ensuring flight test preparation, follow-up and data analysis.
· Ensuring regular communications to the Programmes and R&T stakeholders.
· Monitoring subcontracted activities if necessary.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and competences:
· Educated to Aeronautical or Industrial Engineering degree or a related discipline.
· Previous experience in the field of flight physics would be an additional advantage: Fluid Dynamics, Aerodynamics and or Aircraft Design.
· Programming skills (Matlab / Python) and CATIA experience.
· Applicants must have a good level of communication in English.
· Team spirit and willingness to work in an international environment.
· English :Advanced
· Spanish :Advanced
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).