Airbus AOSL Illescas
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The
new division is Europe's number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global
defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for Generic Technologies has arisen within Airbus AOSL in Illescas.
The jobholder will be integrated within the Generic Technologies group (DCVE2) within the manufacturing engineering plant (ME) department, mainly focused on the definition of the manufacturing process for composites elementary parts from the design stage to the shop floor implementation at Illescas plant.
· Being owner of process standards Airbus wide, creating and regularly updating them by introducing new technological features, requirements or best practices, and answering user queries Airbus wide and in the Extended Enterprise.
· R&T project: Low cost PCS for G1c
· Fulfilling the agreed deliverables within the project at the end of the year
· Delivering a robust solution for A350 WLC part
· Illescas plant support for manufacturing & repairs queries aligned with I+D-P and AIPIs standards for A320, A330, A380 and A350 programs.
· Leading several initiatives within the Blue 5 scope to reduce Airbus environmental footprint: Volatile Organic Components (VOC) reduction projects or PREACH projects for material waste reduction in Illescas plant. These projects target all A/C programs manufactured in the plant and range from the new products qualification stage to their introduction in the ongoing manufacturing processes.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
¤ Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in engineering or technical engineering.
¤ Experience in Composite field highly appreciated but it is not mandatory.
¤ English must be negotiation level.
¤ Spanish would be valued as a plus.
¤ Knowledge in 3D Printing, Big Data and Automation would be valued as a plus.
¤ Motivated for technical and field work (on the shopfloor)
¤ Eagerness to learn, proactive and entrepreneur (enjoys proposing and creating new projects and is comfortable handling
¤ Enjoys working with several stakeholders beyond functions and siglum
¤ Enthusiastic, teamwork and initiative skills.
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).