Job Function: Legal / SEA
State / Province: Oregon
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Portland
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Provide legal support for the adidas business, with a strong emphasis on performing trademark clearance along with other intellectual property work, and administrative and legal support for the North American Trademark team, including organization and maintenance of filing systems and interacting with outside providers and partners.
· Perform trademark clearance for products (including names, designs, graphics) and marketing clearance against third-party rights.
· Advise the businesses on graphics and product designs and names, including compliance with internal trademark guidelines.
· Perform research on trademark issues.
· Assist legal team in performing infringement and counterfeiting investigations.
· Develop proficiency with product details.
· Assist in developing reports and presentations, drafting basic legal documents, compiling evidence, and organizing/maintaining databases and legal files.
· Perform administrative support for the team including organizing travel and schedules, processing expense reports, and managing invoicing.
· Legal team
· Marketing and Design business units
· Outside service providers
· Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Intellectual property experience
· Ability to provide strong customer service, demonstrate understanding of client’s needs and willingness to serve
· Ability to work in a fast paced department; ability to manage tight timelines
· Proficient in the internet
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, a must
· Self motivated; ability to work independently and with initiative but can also work as a team.
· Strong skills in research and investigation
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
· One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Trademark clearance experience
· Advanced MS Office skills and photo-editing skills
· Bachelor's degree preferred
· Paralegal Certificate a plus, but not required