Job Function: Accounting & Finance
State / Province: Portugal
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Porto
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Ensuring correct and daily execution of key responsibilities in the adidas Global Business Services according to the requirements of the company Accounting Manual for specific area of responsibility.
General functional expert with responsibility for processes and the delivery of services with his/her team.
· Ensure team’s management including coaching, training, motivation and performance appraisal guidance;
· Supervise the daily operations by adhering to the agreed SLAs towards the business partners;
· Ensure good relationships with business partners and the global functional Team on a proactive basis;
· Develop and report relevant KPI’s for area of responsibility;
· Ensure that KPI’s are maintained, achieved and reported in a correct and timely manner;
· Generate ideas for process improvements with respect to the processes in scope and ensure high quality and efficient work;
· Problem analyses and proposal or assessment of solutions, and respective implementation.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Solid experience within General Ledger tasks: accruals, depreciation, provisions and prepayments entries; Balance Sheet Reconciliations; Intercompany, Fixed Assets and Bank Statements reconciliations; external and internal audits; preparation of the Financial statements in accordance with IFRS and Local GAAP standards;
· Experience with SAP is an advantage;
· Experience in a Shared Service environment is an advantage;
· Ability to read, write and communicate in English in a business setting;
· Ability to pay close attention to detail and high degree of customer orientation;
· Problem solving and analytical skills;
· Self-motivated and self-directed individual;
· Good communication skills / good team player;
· Team management skills.
· 2 to 6 years relevant work experience in the accounting / business area;
· Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Economics or related areas;
· Proven work experience in people management / demonstrated ability to manage a medium-sized team.