Job Function: Production
State / Province: Phnom Penh
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Phnom Penh
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
· Responsible for quality in production and for driving ME & SEA in day-to-day operations in the designated production area.
· Ensures that suppliers and manufacturing partners adhere to adidas-Group quality standards.
· Provide assistance to T1 teams during bulk production stage by ensuring that finished goods meet adidas-Group requirements.
· Evaluate and assist on training suppliers’ quality staff and management team to qualify for adidas-Group Certification status.
· Builds and maintains a close relationship with interfaces such as development and merchandising teams and supports them on new developments.
· Implements and monitors developed quality standards across all sections of the quality department.
· Support as required in development on pattern creation, fit, sample creation, test etc to ensure all development requirements are in place as per adidas required.
· Drive quality standards throughout production stages, including incoming materials to shipped products. Continually works on the improving the quality and suitability of the adidas-Group training program.
· Audit and confirm sample quality in terms of workmanship, specifications and other technical details to ensure all requirements are being followed correctly.
· Audit and confirm current bulk production and solves problems that may arise during the production process.
· Be fully conversant with our standards of engagement and is pro-active when such standards are not being adhered to.
· Conducts audit for maintenance of the quality assurance and control system.
· Support the production manager in implementing ME Key initiatives and quality tools in daily production operations.
· Make day to day decisions within defined scope (with support on complex issues).
· Influence factory supervisor level and drive change to achieve production objectives
· Drive suppliers to meet all key milestones & KPIs including monthly analysis of quality performance, with clear action plans and follow-up.
· Assist ME & Production manager in monitoring efficiency and provide alert to any efficiency challenges encountered in daily work
· Assist ME & Production manager with follow-up on agreed action plans for driving efficiency improvements
· Checks the labeling and packaging complies with customer requirements
· Assist Production and Planning Managers in monitoring production flow (WIP)
· Maintains a positive factory relationship via proper communication, and positive attitude
· Assist in monitoring factories compliance to adidas SOE (Standards of Engagement) and reports observed violations to SEA team. Ensures manufacturers comply with fire and health and safety regulations, reports back and follows up on any short-comings and abuses.
· Factory Operations Directors
· Internal & Supplier Quality teams
· Internal & Supplier Manufacturing Excellence/Innovation (ME/MI) & IE teams
· Internal & Supplier Development & Commercialization teams
· Director Operations Management & Senior Sourcing Director
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
· Have a strong Continuous Improvement (CI) and quality mind-set
· With direct input and feedback, can identify issues, analyze facts and make correct decisions regarding complex production issues without undermining any required standards
· Able to communicate confidently in English (speaking, writing, reading).
· Chinese (for communication with Factory teams) a clear advantage
· Strong knowledge of garment construction, fit, sewing and production management
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
· Technical or Engineering background preferred but not necessary.
· Minimum of three-years’ experience in garment manufacturing
· Experience in garment quality, knitting, printing
· Work well under high pressure
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Good IT-/EDP-skills