Job Summary – (Role Summary)
· Manage the outlet operations of the hotel to ensure the achievement of established food and beverage quality and guest service quality standards and departmental revenue and profit goals.
· Adhere to regulations concerning FSMS/HACCP, health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
· Delivers Food and Beverage service of high standard and in accordance with departmental standards and procedures
· Develops departmental standards and procedures to promote salesmanship, beverage creativity and profit
· Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest comments and other relevant information
· Delivers daily briefings and attends other Food and Beverage meetings as scheduled
· Delivers prepared training sessions in line with a departmental monthly calendar
· Prepares for service by ensuring the department’s:
o Grooming is impeccable and in accordance with personal presentation standards
o Equipment is clean
o Equipment is sorted and stored
o Glassware is polished
o Requirements for special occasions are ready
o Music is on
o Lighting is on
o Outlet is ready for service and guest comfort
· Carries out effective service by ensuring all staff are aware of their role in:
o Greeting and seating guests
o Explaining and up-selling daily beverage specials
o Processing food orders accurately
o Using trays and tray jacks effectively
o Quickly taking food and beverage orders
o Ensuring payment methods are handled accurately
o Ensuring working areas are cleaned and re-set quickly
o Ensuring the bar is clean
o Regularly cleaning ashtrays
o Conversing with Guests in relation to the food and beverage products
· Carries out effective beverage service by ensuring:
o Beverages are up-sold and regularly replenished, abiding by responsible alcohol service regulations
o Converse with Guests about wine, advising the types and styles of wine, taking wine orders and serving wine
o Promoting and selling cocktails to guests
o Making and presenting cocktails
o Coffee and tea is served hot and in accordance with standard
· Patron care standards are adhered to by ensuring:
o Guests are advised on alcoholic beverages
o The strengths of alcohol is advised and guests are advised as to their effect
o Compliance with legal provisions of local liquor codes
o Level of intoxication of guests is assessed and appropriate action taken
o Advise guest on the hotel’s policy of smoking
o Monitor factors which interfere with the total experience of the guest
· Cellar operations are carried out including:
o Correct use of refrigeration system
o Effective operation of the post-mix syrups bulk dispense system
o Operating the beer reticulation system
o Adhering to stock control procedures
· Takes appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
· Be repsonsible for requisition bar items according to bar stocks
· Ongoing training and coaching should be conducted to enhance the knowledge and skills of the staff.
· Completes spillage report and submit to Food and Beverage manager at the Conclusion of each shift
· Assists to promote the entertainment.
· Works with superior on manpower planning and management needs
· Works with superior in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
· Motivates and drives team productivity at all times and offers assistant to other outlets where possible and as requested.
· Closely monitors outlet flow and proposes ideas to increase table turn over and overall outlet capability
· Conducts regular check on the cleanliness
· Reports all the default area and equipment and follow up to fix the area.
· Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
· Good writing skills
· Leadership Skills
· Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or related field.
· 2 years related experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor Hotels worldwide. •Develop your talent through learning programs by Academy Accor. •Opportunity to grow within your property and across the world! •Ability to contribute to local community and make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21