Public Areas Houseperson
First impressions are everything! As a Public Area Houseperson we want our Guests to see a sparkling lobby every time they walk in. The pride you take in ensuring all public areas of the hotel are clean and tidy will reflect in the Guests view of our property as one of superior quality.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is surrounded by the snow capped mountains and enchanting lakes of Jasper National Park; a UNESCO designated World Heritage Site which includes the #1 Best Golf Resort in Canada by the readers of SCOREGolf Magazine, a newly redesigned Fairmont spa, 6 food and beverage outlets, and many outdoor activities which are right outside your door. No matter what time of year you visit Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, you can expect to be a part of "The True Rocky Mountain Experience".
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
· Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
· Clean assigned public areas throughout hotel; to include overnight cleaning of the Health Club
· Empty trash in all public areas and clean public area restrooms
· Clean all mirrors, inside of windows, wipe and dust all surfaces; keeping all brass shiny
· Vacuum carpets, maintain and wax lobby and all dance floors as required
· Respond to guest calls/requests
· Review daily function activity to ensure all necessary timelines are met and quality is maintained
· Report necessary maintenance items
· Follow all safety, vehicle, and sanitation policies
· Other duties as assigned
· Previous housekeeping or janitorial experience an asset
· Valid Alberta driver’s license required
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
· Highly responsible & reliable
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
· Standing: 6-8 hrs/day
· Sitting: 0-2 hrs/day
· Walking: 6-8 hrs/day
· Bending/reaching: 4-6 hrs/day
· Pushing/pulling: 2-4 hrs/day
· Physical effort: moderate, required to lift up to 50 lbs
· Environmental stress: high - chemical use, responding to a variety of guest calls Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Excellence; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!