Food & Beverage Server
As a Server with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding Food & Beverage offerings makes guests of our restaurants and lounges feel unique and valued.
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Display a congenial appearance and is well groomed at all times.
Take orders and answer questions or make recommendations for menu listed products.
Clear, clean, reset and maintain restaurant tables during shift.
Assist other Servers to give the best possible service as specified in Restaurant Standards of Service Manual.
Understands the processes of delivery and removal of all product and equipment.
Handle all guest checks according to Hotel policy.
· Maintain pars and equipment as needed to successfully accomplish all restaurant service tasks.
· Completion of side work as assigned by Manager.
· Assist guests in a friendly, professional and polite manner.
· Follow directions from Manager at all times.
· Maintain proper uniform, ID badge and nametag at all times.
· Other job related duties as assigned.
· Prior serving experience with a minimum of 2 years in a similar restaurant environment.
· Food Handlers Card required.
· High School graduate
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
· Must possess basic math skills and the ability to use a calculator.
· Must possess basic computer skills.
· Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
· Knowledge of Restaurant operations, its services, and facilities.
· Must have superior guest service abilities as well as a complete understanding of California serving guidelines.
· Must be able to correctly ID guests when ordering alcohol.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
· Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by Restaurant environmental systems.
· Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability to multi-task in a calm manner on a timely basis.
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill daily tasks.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V