Overview of duties
Serves guests (prepares the dining room, provides waiter service and clears away) in the point of sale, in line with the F&B concept (restaurant, meeting room, breakfast, bar or patio). Provides a high standard of service both in terms of welcome and waiter service.
'The level of responsibility may vary according to the employee's next target qualification
in the Players multicompetence development programme (Qualified, Expert or Leader)'
'• Provides a friendly and personalised welcome for guests
• Offers attentive service and adapts to any constraints guests may have
• Heeds any remarks made by guests and ensures follow-up
• Establishes good relations with guests, offering advice and fostering customer loyalty
• Promotes the F&B offer
• Is attentive to guests' requests and respects them
• Helps gain customer loyalty through the high standard of service'
Professional techniques / Production
'• May be asked to receive deliveries and check food items
• Completes the following tasks: prepares the point of sale and preparation areas, welcomes guests and provides waiter service, cleans and tidies the dining room and preparation areas after closing
• Before every workshift, finds out about dish composition and any shortages
• Organises his/her work to suit fluctuations in numbers, events and guests
• Ensures the equipment used remains in good condition
• Communicates and works in close and constant cooperation with the kitchen to ensure an excellent standard of service'
Commercial / Sales
• Increases the average amount billed
Management and administration
'• Helps meet the department's targets by respecting the procedures and internal audits applicable in the hotel
• Helps manage crockery and appliances by avoiding breakages
• May be asked to help with inventories
• May be asked to place orders, taking care to match levels of stocks with consumption'
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
'• Ensures that the workplace remains clean and tidy and the safety of consumable goods by always respecting HACCP regulations
• Respects the instructions and safety guidelines for the equipment used
• Applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
• Applies regulations governing the sale of alcoholic beverages
Ideal candidate profile
Level of Education Secondary professional education
Areas of study Food and beverage
Professional experiences 1 to 2 years
Languages essential Spanish
Essential and optional requirements