As a Buffet Attendant, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding Food & Beverage offerings makes guests of our restaurants feel unique and valued.
Hotel Overview: Known as the islands only all-suite oceanfront resort, the hotel is situated on Polo Beach in the world-class, master-planned destination of Wailea, on the south western coast of Maui. Here's an opportunity to join AccorHotels, a luxury hotel brand recognized worldwide for distinctive style and service.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Kea Lani Restaurant Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Provide timely, personalized, friendly and efficient service
· Assist guest regarding buffet items in an informative and helpful way
· Have full knowledge of all buffet items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
· Ensure that overall cleanliness and maintenance of our buffet exceeds expectations
· Check buffet stations for necessary equipment and set up: ice, dishes, and utensils; replenish buffet as needed
· Expedite all food orders from kitchen to restaurant area, following standards of presentation
· Keep buffet room, chairs, aisles and floors clean of debris
· Transport used china, silverware and utensils to kitchen dishwashing area
· Maintain and clean dining area, kitchen and service areas to include taking out garbage and clearing dish cart
· Actively participate and promote the Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui’s environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
· Promote and enforce health and safety awareness as well as to have a complete understanding of the emergency procedures
· Follow venue policies, procedures and service standards
· Maintain atmosphere of aloha spirit; be alert to all guests’ needs and requests
· Contribute to the improvement of the operation by contributing ideas, making suggestions and actively participate in departmental communication meetings
· Other duties as assigned
· Hospitality or Food & Beverage experience preferred
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Must be able to adhere to the State of Hawaii & ECOSURE food handling safety standards
· Must provide Tuberculosis (TB) clearance
· Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
· Highly responsible and reliable
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work cohesively as part of a team with minimum supervision
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
· Frequent walking and standing throughout shift
· Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
· Occasional bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling
· Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace. We support the Affirmative Action Plan; our program is available for inspection by contacting the Director, Talent & Culture, Monday through Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.