Brown's Beach House Food Runner
Seeking an individual to provide friendly, courteous and efficient quality presentation of food and beverage service to all guests.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Orchid is a luxury AAA four-diamond Kohala Coast oceanfront resort with white sand lagoon, Hawaiian Spa Without Walls, golf, extensive meeting facilities, year-round children’s program, five restaurants and tennis, all serviced with Aloha. We are currently looking for new colleagues to join our 'Ohana and share that Aloha here at Fairmont Orchid.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Brown's Beach House Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
· Will be responsible to clean, set up restaurant for meal period and perform all food service related duties including general cleaning
· Assist servers in proper garnishing of all menu items ordered
· Maintain cleanliness of all chinaware.
· Monitor quality and consistency of all menu items being served
· Distribution and delivery of guest’s food orders out onto the service floor and serving them at their tables to the correct guest
· Maintain clean and orderly condition of the service line station
· Daily requisition of all food condiments and to ensure adequate stock levels of all necessary dishware, linen and condiments for daily service operations
· Ensure a positive first impression of the restaurant for our guests through detailed cleanliness, set-up and ambiance control
· Perform general cleaning tasks utilizing cleaning to adhere to health and safety standards
· Fold napkins for meal periods to maintain an adequate supply.
· Previous experience is an asset
· Previous Guest service experience preferred
· Seeking candidate with High School Degree
· Must be able to speak, read, and write in English
· Must have minimal math skills such as the ability to add and subtract
· Must have high degree of problem solving skills including the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in either written, oral, diagram or schedule form
· Must have documentation of a negative TB test or be willing to get upon being hired
· Must have proven organization skills and be detail oriented
· Must be a team player and able to work in a fast paced environment
· Previous customer service experience preferred
· Must have food and beverage knowledge or a willingness to learn
· Must have a positive attitude and be have proven ability to sell
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
· Constant standing and walking throughout shift
· Will frequently need to be able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, stoop kneel or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell and twist upper body
· Will occasionally need to squat climb or balance
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
· Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions including but not limited to wet and humid environments and occasionally extreme non weather related heat
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Why Work for Accor?
We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We’re so much more than hotels— We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 30+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
To connect with us, please visit careers.accor.com.
Fairmont Orchid Hawai'i is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.