Description de l'offre
Job Title: The Dock – Junior Technical Operations Engineer
Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?
About “The Dock”:
The Dock is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, where Engineers, Designers, Doctors, Scientists, Visionaries and Makers are doing things that matter for people, for places and for the environment. Located in the heart of the Dublin Docklands in a connected, state-of-the-art workspace designed for creativity, collaboration and fun.
We focus on maintaining and supporting the Dock applications, making sure that production is working by constant monitoring of their performance.
Working in tandem with our Architecture, Agile, Big Data, Analytics, Immersive, Cloud Engineering and Design teams as required, helping to resolve issues, providing second line support and implementing changes when needed.
The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief, empowers us to break future ground.
We are Agile:
We strive to create and maintain a culture that embraces Agile values and principles. We believe that by enabling self-organising teams with the right tools and processes and by leveraging industry and user feedback, we can respond quickly and learn as we go. This is the right way to uncover the best solutions for The Dock, for our Clients, and for Society.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a junior TechOps Engineer to join our newly established TechOps Group within Software Engineering and the wider Dock organisation.
· We are looking for a creative-minded technical thinker with a penchant for investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving complex technical issues.
· An excellent analytical thinker who uses data to support decisions, is able to see patterns in repeated experiences and proactively take action to avoid problems
· You are someone with strong independent logical thinking and broad technical interest/knowledge/experience that they can apply in diagnosis issues.
· You are someone who can follow/maintain/lead best practices within the team, using design patterns and principles, following agile processes effectively and helping the team deliver high quality solutions.
· You are someone who understands the perspectives of front-end and back-end engineering, data scientists, DevOps and be able to be flexible with technology and approach rather than being constrained to a single technology stack.
· You are someone who values relevant communication, is highly collaborative, enthusiastic in achieving results, open, even sometimes creative but has a deep interest in new and emerging technologies with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts in non-technical terms to our customers and internal stakeholders.
· You have strong results orientation with efficient time management and organizational skills and disciplined enough to make sure that work is done right every time.
What you will be doing?
You will be part of the TechOps group of a large innovation-focussed Software Engineering team that helps The Dock innovate, design, create and deliver next generation solutions across a range of innovative projects, prototypes and proofs of concept.
The successful candidate is expected to have a good practical interest/knowledge/experience of systems management, diagnostic and support skills across a wide range of IT. You will:
· Perform day to day operations;
· Design and implement meaningful alerts with appropriate severity;
· Monitor alerts and react to triggers;
· Act as second line support for any incidents or problems, including technical triage and analysis of reported issues;
· Log incidents, spot trends and record solutions to known problems and perform/assist in root cause analysis;
· Investigate and resolve technical issues in complex technical landscapes within target SLAs;
· Possess strong interest/knowledge/leadership of the technology stack, working in an agile technical team providing technical expertise and guidance to high quality standards;
· Provide hands-on support in setting up frameworks, core mechanisms and troubleshooting;
· Meticulously document all customer needs, questions and resolution;
· Pair programme with team members and review code to help them maintain best practices;
· Document key technical implementations, approaches, mechanisms;
· Write automation scripts, monitoring scripts and escalation procedures;
· Keep documentation up-to-date, and field escalated requests;
· Identify and consider opportunities for efficiencies and process improvements;
· Transfer knowledge to multi-functional teams and provide major defect support;
We require graduate/junior/ level skills/knowledge/interest in the following selections (required items are marked with “R”, highly desirable are marked with “D”, and any others are great to have):
Java EE ecosystem (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.)
Node.js with one or more frameworks (e.g. Express.js, Sails.js)
HTML5/CSS3 and related component libraries and tooling
Test frameworks (e.g. Jest/Enzyme, Mocha/Chai, jUnit/Mockito)
Relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
React, Angular, Vue.js or equivalent frameworks/libraries
ORM (e.g. Sequelize, Hibernate, TypeORM)
DevOps (e.g. CI, CD, Docker, Kubernetes)
Test/Behavior/Domain Driven Development
Engineering principles, e.g. design patterns, unit and integration testing
Cloud services: e.g. AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Platform
Developing with Git or other version control systems
RESTful APIs, micro services, serverless architectures
Responsive design & browser compatibility
Agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
Data Analytics and Engineering
Machine Learning Tooling, e.g. TensorFlow, Cognitive Services, etc
IoT or Distributed Ledger Technology
Robotics/Machine Vision/Control Systems
Enterprise Line of Business Mobile/Web Applications
· 2+ years of experience as an engineer supporting complex web applications, enterprise level APIs, data and webservices integration.
· B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc./M.Eng./PhD degree(s) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, related fields or relevant professional experience.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 420,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.