Accenture Security helps organizations prepare, protect, detect, respond and recover along all points of the security lifecycle. Cybersecurity challenges are different for every business in every industry. Leveraging our global resources and advanced technologies, we create integrated, turnkey solutions tailored to our clients' needs across their entire value chain. Whether we're defending against known cyberattacks, detecting and responding to the unknown, or running an entire security operations center, we will help companies build cyber resilience to grow with confidence. Our team of the security sector's brightest people use the coolest tech to out-hack the hackers and help clients build resilience from within. We blend risk strategy, digital identity, cyber defense, application security and managed service solutions to rethink the entire security lifecycle.
A cyber security savant. You've got the skills and experience to keep data safe from black hat hackers or other threats, whether by coding a threat intrusion module or sharing your latest ideas with the team. Day-to-day, you're all about solving security problems for clients and using your people skills to make sure everyone on your team is working well and happily.
The Work (Role Responsibility)
· Investigate attacks against customer networks.
· Monitor and analyze log data, network traffic and/or alerts generated by a variety of security technologies in real-time; escalate and explain validated security incidents to customers.
· Write up security incident reports detailing the threat, its characteristics, and possible remediation activities.
· Research new threats and ensure appropriate detection capabilities are in place to identify and respond to these threats.
· Routinely review security incidents and other customer deliverables for adherence to the established procedures and guidelines. Document, rectify, and provide feedback to other analysts as necessary.
· Ensure the quality and timeliness of the security incident detection and classification service.
· Ensure standards and procedures are adhered to within defined SLA's.
· Articulate security issues to customers, both verbally and written.
· Referring difficult or complex issues to more experienced staff.
· Understanding of current vulnerabilities, attacks and countermeasures.
· Developing knowledge of security technologies, cyber-attacks and vulnerabilities.
· Identify opportunities for process improvement.
· Manage and track customer issues and requests.
· Work within a 24x7x365 team to further support the timely delivery of monitoring services and support across multiple customers.
· This position may be assigned to a rotating shift schedule.
· Support other teams as needed
Ideal candidate profile
Here's What You Need (Basic Qualifications)
· Minimum of 2 years' experience in an operational environment, with customer-facing responsibilities.
· Minimum of 2 years' experience in an information/cyber security role – ideally focused on intrusion detection/security monitoring and analysis.
· Minimum of 1-year experience understanding of the cyber security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent vulnerabilities, threats, attack methods, and infection vectors.
· Minimum of 1- year experience in computer networking, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols.
· Minimum 1 -year experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, C# and able to automate basic task.
· Minimum of 1-year experience technical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to be dynamic and adapt in order to solve complex technical issues with customers and partners.
· Minimum 1- year experience retrieving information and generating reports using SQL.
· Minimum of 1 year with one or more of the following certifications: SANS GCIA, SANS GCFA, SABS GCFE, OSCP.
Bonus Points If (Preferred Skills)
· Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
· The ability to communicate clearly at all levels, demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Consistently high levels of teamwork and professionalism
· Passion for cyber security, learning, and knowledge sharing
· Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to be dynamic and adapt in order to solve complex technical issues with customers and partners
We are a global collective of innovators applying the New every day to improve the way the world works and lives. Help us show the world what's possible as you partner with clients to unlock hidden value and deliver innovative solutions. Empowered with innovative tools, continuous learning and a global community of diverse talent and perspectives, we drive success in a new business architecture that disrupts conventional practices. Our expertise spans 40+ industries across 120+ countries and impacts millions of lives every day. We turn ideas into reality.
** Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture. Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Equal Employment Opportunity: All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process. Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.