About Accenture Research:
Accenture Research shapes trends and creates data driven insights about the most pressing issues global organizations face. Combining the power of innovative research techniques with a deep understanding of our clients' industries, our team of 300 researchers and analysts spans 20 countries and publishes hundreds of reports, articles and points of view every year. Our thought-provoking research — supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations, such as MIT and Harvard — guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
There is no typical day or project at Accenture Research. Over time you will find a varied project load develops and that you will be working on between two and four projects at any given time, of different durations and scope. You'll build a good working relationship with the other researchers worldwide. The team operates mainly on a virtual basis.
Successful research is not a back-office activity; it requires people who not only have strong research skills but who also have a client-focused mentality and an outgoing and confident personal style. Successful researchers build deep relationships with their peers and senior executives in the practice and work as a team, sometimes responding to requests and sometimes proposing research ideas.
The successful candidate will join the Melbourne team responsible for shaping the Research agenda and Research offering. They will help source and analyse data; synthesize secondary research; draft reports and presentations of findings and support the dissemination of research findings. The analyst will also co-ordinate activities related to the execution of research, such as organizing interviews or preparing background briefings. The role requires strong analytical, research and writing skills.
In addition to this, the analyst will become part of the Global Market & Competitive Intelligence team. A core part of the Global Research team, encompassing 15+ researchers who support the Accenture business and clients with market assessment and competitive analysis, that enable strategy development, sales and planning execution.
· Supporting senior researchers and project teams at all stages:
· Assemble data from multiple sources and conduct high-quality analysis with a significant degree of autonomy.
· Assist with interview processes by preparing background materials, documenting and summarizing interviews and analyzing outputs
· Create high-quality PowerPoint slides and briefing material for speeches and presentations by Accenture leadership.
· Support the transfer of thought leadership and research capabilities within immediate team and identify opportunities for skills building.
· Developing own set of expertise and embracing innovation in our research methods
· Develop own “brand” as a highly skilled researcher on issues relevant to Accenture's business agenda and strategy.
· Develop own network of contacts internally and externally to raise personal as well as Accenture Research visibility
· Be an Innovation Agent by embracing innovation and transferring it to Accenture Research methods and culture
Ideal candidate profile
We are looking for someone who has the following core skill sets:
Issue-based problem solving and structured communication skills:
We want researchers who can identify key issues and, in a logical, structured manner, use these issues to drive their efforts. We also expect individuals to draw out the implications of the research they conduct and tell a compelling, business-focused story about the data that is relevant to Accenture's business and clients. We are looking for insights, not just information.
We expect researchers to be able to take an issue and turn it into a researchable question, adeptly scope the research effort, and expertly use most (but not necessarily all) research techniques such as secondary database searching, company analysis, market analysis, strategic analysis frameworks, interview-based research and financial analysis. Researchers must also be detail-oriented and follow quality assurance procedures.
Individuals must possess a fundamental understanding of micro and macroeconomic drivers that influence industry opportunities and ability to use strategic frameworks to analyse market conditions, competitive landscape and individual company performance.
Other skills and knowledge:
· Acumen for data analysis and familiarity with basic statistical techniques such as multivariate regression and correlation analysis would be an advantage
· Understanding of Consulting and IT industry is an advantage
· Strong writing, oral communication and presentation skills
· Fluency in English (spoken and written)
· Microsoft Office (Excel; PowerPoint, i.e., charting)
· Knowledge of Data visualization tools like PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau is an advantage
· Knowledge of data analysis tools such as Python, R is an advantage
· Relevant graduate degree (e.g., a social science or business discipline)
· 0-2 years business experience, ideally within a business strategy department or management / strategy consultancy.
What to expect from us:
As researchers develop their career, we want to help them answer the following questions with a firm ‘Yes'
· Responsibility – am I being given tasks of increasing difficulty/ importance?
· Impact – has my work an impact on how the world is changing and is my opinion increasingly valued by my superiors?
· Progression – am I proving the competencies required of the next level?
· Innovation – am I dealing with the most exciting and innovative topics now?
What we expect of you
· Enthusiasm – Accenture is a self-starting, entrepreneurial culture. Do not expect everything to be handed to you! You have to go looking for opportunities.
· Curiosity for Digital and Tech Innovation – research is about ongoing learning and discovering about what is the latest Innovation is at the core of our work, both in our research methods and our research topics.
· Patience – it is important to recognize your position on the career ladder; sometimes you will be asked to do repetitive tasks but we aim to keep this balanced with higher ‘value-add' tasks and opportunities
· Enthusiasm to work effectively in global, multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural and multi-time zone team
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world's largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.