Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world's largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Visit us at www.accenture.com
People in the Innovation & Thought Leadership career track drive asset innovation and marketplace reputation within a specific area of expertise. They grow into thought leadership roles, by increasing the depth of their expertise and reputation as an expert or innovator, and can progress either in role, laterally, or upward.
Research professionals apply deep research and analysis expertise, shaping research, analysis and insights that enable Accenture and our clients to generate global impact through identification, development and implementation of proprietary and innovative ideas.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Outsourcing and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Outsourcing professionals work on projects across a range of business processes, business applications and information technology. They may provide technology services, such as application management, infrastructure management and systems integration, or they may deliver business process outsourcing services, including finance and accounting, procurement and human resources. Depending on the role, outsourcing professionals may be based at a client's office or in one of Accenture's 50 delivery centers around the world.
The R&D Software Developer follows multiple approaches for project execution from adapting existing assets to Accenture Operations use cases to exploring third-party and open source solutions for timely execution against demanding timelines. The role also requires engaging in fundamental research to develop novel solutions. This role will also leverage the vast global network of Accenture to collaborate with Accenture Tech Labs, Accenture Open Innovation and Accenture Analytics for creating solutions.
The R&D Software Developer is expected to collaborate with other data engineers, data scientists, subject matter experts, sales, and delivery teams from Accenture locations around the globe to deliver strategic advanced analytics projects from design to execution.
· Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data AI/analytics systems
· Research and implement best practices for various DevOps processes, including application containerization, test automation using cloud-based servers, and streamlining deployment methodologies
· Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together
· Collaborate with data architects, data scientists, and IT team members on project goals and deliverables
Ideal candidate profile
· Minimum Bachelor's degree (Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other scientific discipline preferred)
· Minimum 4 years of experience in software design, development, integration, testing and deployment
· Minimum 2 years of experience in Python programming
· Minimum 2 years working experience with Linux/Unix systems and bash scripting
· Minimum 1 years working experience with Git, CI/CD tools (e.g. GitLab, Jenkins), Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
· working knowledge in either C/C++/Java
· Strong understanding of the DevOps lifecycle
· Experience collaborating with a team of data scientists in developing and delivering machine learning product solutions
· Experience with Service Oriented Architectures
· Experience with application scalability for different user/data volumes
· Experience with cloud vendors and applications (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
· Experience with REST APIs, MySQL, NoSQL solutions (Redis)
· Experience in any of these domains: Infrastructure Services, Security, Retail, Digital Marketing, eCommerce Health, Supply Chain and/or Banking
· Ability to think creatively to solve real world business problems
· Ability to work in a global collaborative team environment
· Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
· Experience with full stack development
· Front end development experience (AngularJS, ReactJS)
· Experience working with large data sets and tools like MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.