We are a global collective of innovators applying the New every day to improve the way the world works and lives. Help us show the world what's possible as you partner with clients to unlock hidden value and deliver innovative solutions. Empowered with innovative tools, continuous learning and a global community of diverse talent and perspectives, we drive success in a new business architecture that disrupts conventional practices. Our expertise spans 40+ industries across 120+ countries and impacts millions of lives every day. We turn ideas into reality.
Accenture Security helps organizations prepare, protect, detect, respond and recover along all points of the security lifecycle. Cybersecurity challenges are different for every business in every industry. Leveraging our global resources and advanced technologies, we create integrated, turnkey solutions tailored to our clients' needs across their entire value chain. Whether we're defending against known cyberattacks, detecting and responding to the unknown, or running an entire security operations center, we will help companies build cyber resilience to grow with confidence. Our team of the security sector's brightest people use the coolest tech to out-hack the hackers and help clients build resilience from within. We blend risk strategy, digital identity, cyber defense, application security and managed service solutions to rethink the entire security lifecycle.
We are currently looking for professionals for our Managed Detection & Response practice
Job Description for Principal Software Engineer
You will be solving deep technical problems and building creative solutions in a dynamic environment working with knowledgeable and passionate SDE's. You are experienced building for the cloud – designing for five 9s, globally distributed all-active deployments, horizontal scalability, fault tolerance, and more. You are motivated by learning, evaluating, and deploying new technologies. Our services are deployed in an Amazon Web Services environment, and so you will working hands on with many AWS components. You thrive in true-agile, highly paced, production facing environment. You have a low tolerance for mediocrity. You love to write code and build extraordinary things.
We are looking for coders, people who love to code, just like we do! You should be energetic, confident, and ready to contribute in many areas of the software development lifecycle. You may be involved in all the aspects from research, design, specs, coding, and bug fixing. Our team focus is on writing dependable code and getting high quality products and services to market as quick as possible.
Ideal candidate profile
• Minimum 3 years experience building AWS cloud native services using EC2, S3, ECS, SQS, API Gateway, Lambda, etc.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with `infrastructure as code` IAC and using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef.
• Minimum 2 years experience with CICD pipelines (i.e. Jenkins) with building and/or configuring pipelines for build and deployment of software.
• Minimum 5 years coding knowledge and experience with C# .NET and/or java and object oriented methodologies
• Minimum 3 years coding knowledge and experience with SQL
• Minimum of 2 years experience of writing scripts in Python, PowerShell or Bash
• BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical knowledge
• Experience in building highly-available (HA) production-grade solutions in AWS.
• Successfully developed for large scale distributed systems and reliable, fault tolerant software.
• Understanding of and hands-on experience with the principles of designing and building production quality REST APIs.
• Practical experience with Linux/Unix system administration, monitoring tools and troubleshooting.
• CICV, CICD, Automation (Terraform a plus)
• Experience designing/implementing high performance Web services using SOA/REST/Microservices
• Experience in the design/build/maintenance/refactor of large scale low latency high performance systems
• Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in existing highly complex applications and architectures
• Extensive knowledge with high volume distributed application development in cloud environment
• Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills, particularly in both production and non-production environments.
• Experience using Agile methodologies, TDD, Code review, clear and concise documentation
Professional Skill Requirements:
• Strong analytic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
• Uncommon ability and motivation to tackle problems and learn fast
• Ability to perform at a high level within a technical team
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication and relationship skills
• Distributed teamwork
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
At Accenture, inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and embedded in our core values. We are committed to creating a workforce where our people can feel comfortable, be themselves and contribute. Like Canada itself, Accenture employees represent a tremendous variety of cultures, ethnicities, beliefs, backgrounds and languages. We offer an inclusive environment regardless of personal characteristics such as ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or disability.
Requesting an Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve clients, our employees must be available to travel when needed.
Job candidates are not required to disclose any offence for which a pardon has been granted.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 513,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.