Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
What You Will Do:
- Completes assigned daily activities; workload; scheduling; and constraints independently.
- Provides technical expertise to complex projects / product and investigations as required.
- Strives to become the technical expert within work area.
- Provide technical input to facilitate CAPA investigations.
- Maintain knowledge of the CAPA System.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively within team and with internal stakeholders as guided by manager.
- Participates in Cross Functional Teams.
- Maintain, review and update relevant documents and records.
- Provides input into the annual departmental budget.
- Manage Product and Process Improvements - Under general supervision; works on process improvement activities within own work area.
- Monitor performance of manufacturing processes and implement required improvement activities.
- Suggests and implements approved process improvements within own work area that fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
- Works independently on area assignments for multiple key processes and projects.
- Proactively seeks improvement within Quality Technical work area.
- Management of Computer Systems - Maintain and update relevant computer applications.
- Quality/Compliance - Support manufacturing and testing operations as required; adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Laboratory Practices.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of all technical processes/procedures within area of responsibility.
- Keep abreast of the standards that regulate our industry.
- Participate and take all training and reviews as required.
- Conduct business in a manner that will protect human health; safety and the environment by complying with all applicable EHS laws; as well at the Abbott Global and Technical standards.
- Comply with Abbott Quality System (QS) requirements.
- Share Quality Knowledge - Share quality knowledge; liaising with colleagues within team.
- Training - Train others in multiple key processes within work area.
- Assists with the collation of information requested during audits.
- Undertake all training and reviews are required.
- Utilize quality experience to train others.
Additional Responsibilities :
Incoming Quality Assurance:
- Incoming Inspection - Conduct Inspections of incoming items per standard requirements.
- Sample & File Storage - Ensure storage of samples and documents in the appropriate filling systems.
- Initiates site Change Plan and Document Change Request activities for changes identified through: product/process improvement, transfer activities, identified compliance issues.
- Co-ordinate and manage Change Plan and Document Change Requests through to closure.
- Tracking of identified deliverables and action items.
- Work in conjunction with relevant document/process owners to identify and organize CFTs.
- Complete required document authoring and approval tasks as required for QSR and DMR documents.
- Keep up to date with all training requirements.
- Attends process community meetings.
- Ownership - Is recognized as a lead technician for one or two key processes within work area.
- Troubleshoot issues and applies problem solving skills and take appropriate actions to resolve.
- Perform activities as assigned by Team Leader/Manager.
- Take appropriate actions to resolve and communicates resolution to area Team Leader/Manager.
- Undertake developmental opportunities to become the lead in testing.
Education and Experience You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or closely related discipline or equivalent relevant experience to demonstrate equivalence to a Degree.
- 2+ years’ work experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
JOB FAMILY:Operations Quality
LOCATION:United States > Des Plaines : DP01 Floor-1
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf