Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
Our location in Sylmar, California, currently has an opportunity for a Technician I, Operations Business Systems-Cyber. Technician I contributes to the support of cybersecurity operations by supporting or recommending secure technical solutions, including policy, standards, applications, systems, architectures, and infrastructure that are operationally viable and efficient. Perform responsibilities to ensure that the appropriate application of security products and technologies is in place to protect the organization's systems and information and enable achievement of the organization's objectives. Additionally, the role has accountability for establishing user requirements, implementation strategy, and validation of the MES system with the operation, quality, and engineering teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Contribute to the development of a risk-based cyber security program which meets regulatory requirements and aligns with industry leading information security practices.
· Perform threat identification and mitigation activities using industry leading security controls and tools sets.
· Support the advancement of the Company’s cyber threat and vulnerability management program to ensure consistent identification, analysis, response, and monitoring of cyber security threats, events, and vulnerabilities.
· Assess threats to the business and deploy countermeasures for those threats.
· Guide business units, application development teams, and third-party vendors to achieve program requirements while enabling the business.
· Participate in cross-team coordination to achieve defined security goals as well as meet technical requirements in support of detailed implementation plans for security projects.
· Support management in the development of strategies, policy and standards to protect company information and technology assets.
· Create and maintain procedural documents, SOP, DWI, etc…
· Partner with IT group to support the design, development, and qualification of MES
· Work closely with the Manufacturing leadership team to ensure alignment and established priorities to meet and exceed site and corporate goals.
· Perform MES verification as described in configuration management procedures.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Assist in development of training materials and provide training to the end users as required.
· Identify, investigate, understand and provide resolution to issues that may impact day-to-day operations
· Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
· Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· High school diploma or GED required
· 2+ years of experience with MES (Manufacturing Execution System)
· Good Communication Skills
· General knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Strong troubleshooting skills
· Good organizational skills
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
CRM Cardiac Rhythm Management
United States > Sylmar : 15900 Valley View Court
Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf