Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
HAVE YOU EVER DREAM OF MAKING AN IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
How? Become a CRM Technical Services Engineer I in our Cardiac Rhythm Management business located in Arecibo, Puerto Rico.
As a CRM Technical Services Engineer I you will provide independent clinical and technical support in response to inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients and field staff using professional knowledge and judgment. This role provides the clinical and technical interface between the medical community and various departments through consultation. It requires the application of theoretical principles and creative/analytical techniques typically acquired in a recognized four-year or more biomedical engineering or other medical-related academic course of study.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
· Provides technical or clinical information to customers in response to inquiries/report from the field.
· Performs product evaluations and testing based on reports from the field.
· Provides clinical and technical support services.
· Provides back-up support to Field Clinical Engineering/Sales Representatives in the areas of sales support (device implants and follow-ups), regional training seminars and troubleshooting.
· Provides and conducts product training to in-house personnel.
· Assists in the presentation of educational material for new product training and in-service seminars to physicians, nurses and sales representatives.
· Reviews product manuals, communiques and memorandum for technical clinical accuracy and content.
· Documents all contacts via an approved tracking system, writing Field Contact Reports for complaints per SMF guidelines.
· Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, applicable regulatory requirements, and a general knowledge of the company’s products, markets, and objectives as well as industry trends.
· Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
· Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
CAN’T WAIT TO GET STARTED?
To be successful in this role, you will require the following qualifications:
· Bachelors Degree in Electronic or Biomedical Engineering.
· 0 - 2 years of experience providing medical device industry technical support, including relevant experience in the cardiac pacing industry.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate technologically complex devices; interpersonal, facilitation, presentation, quantitative, analytical, organizational, and follow-up skills.
· Fluent in English and Spanish. Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
· Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
· Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
“Join our Talent Community to learn about upcoming job opportunities or connect with us at www.abbott.com , on LinkedIn , on Facebook and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.”
CRM Cardiac Rhythm Management
Puerto Rico > Arecibo : Santana Industrial Park Interior Lot A, Road #2, Km 67.5
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf