Primary Objective of Position
To provide technical support to the Specialists / to assist Customer Trainers and to provide Support to Contractors/Distributors
Investigates systemic problems, identifies causes, and develops practical solutions and provides troubleshooting to customers and Contractors/Distributors in the region.
Major Responsibilities: .
• Installs, maintains and troubleshoots all Abbott analyser systems with in the African region.
• Assists Technical Service Manager in continually improving analyser system reliability and repair times
• Collaborates with TSM/FSS in developing the expertise of FSEs & Service Support Contractors/Distributors with additional training on-site and in the Training Centre
• Provides technical in-depth troubleshooting, expertise & service support to Technical Support Specialists, FSEs & Service Support Contractors/Distributors for problems associated with analyser, operator, application and reagent complaints
• Performs system modification and engineering product upgrades/updates at customer sites
• Implements major product upgrades relative to the assigned system/product group
• Collaborates with Sales department to assist with basic troubleshooting training of Customers
• Performs stand-by duty as part of FSE team
• Performs 24-hour technical support to customers when on stand-by following Abbott’s Complaint Handling Policy
• University degree OR Diploma in Electrical Engineering OR Biomedical Engineering OR Related.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Field Service Role having dealt with IVDs and Biologics is preferred.
South Africa > Capetown : 21-23 Belmont Road(Do Not Use)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: