HAVE YOU EVER DREAM OF MAKING AN IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
How? Become a Supplier Quality Engineer at Abbott Vascular in Costa Rica, www.latam.abbott
As Supplier Quality Engineer you will drives improvement in the quality of components and services sourced from external suppliers. Provides technical support in the selection and evaluation of suppliers, monitors supplier performance to drive supplier corrective action, manufacturing yield issues and field failures.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures
- Assesses potential new suppliers for technical, quality and manufacturing capabilities. Provides technical support for the introduction of components from a new supplier. Evaluates, monitor and approve new and existing external suppliers based in their qualifications and performance, acts as a spokesperson to external suppliers.
- Analyzes incoming material defects and communicates issues to suppliers. Investigates failures related to supplier materials, dispositions, drives and tracks corrective/preventive action plans where necessary
- Generates test protocols, monitors testing, issues material qualification test reports and approves components for use.
- Assists in generating component specifications, generates and maintains incoming inspection procedures and provides input from component quality, inspectability and manufacturability perspective. Trains inspectors to these procedures as required.
- Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance. As required, supervise technical personal for task execution
- Responsible for meeting daily goals; proactively seek ways to support the customer (i.e., working with engineering to find alternative resolutions that to issues, while maintaining compliance, without stopping production)
CAN’T WAIT TO GET STARTED?
To be successful in this role, you will require the following qualifications:
- 1 to 5 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in Medical Devices Industry
- Engineering, Science or equivalent field of study
- English intermediate
JOB FAMILY:Operations Quality
LOCATION:Costa Rica > Alajuela : AVCR-1
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)