Are you ready for an outstanding Start with Abbott?
How will you make an impact?
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are collaborative, dynamic and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Independently responsible for the operations and personnel of one or more production lines to improve productivity and operating efficiencies.
- Plans, leads, and is accountable for the coordination of labor, materials, equipment, and tooling to craft product effectively and deliver it to inventory.
- Maintains a high level of product quality and traceability during product assembly.
- Ensures production is performed in full compliance with the Quality System and all procedural requirements.
- Leads and promotes Business excellence and behaviors.
As part of our amazing team you will also be accountable for:
- Hiring and retaining a diverse, highly qualified staff and for providing career coaching, growth, and personal development. You will be responsible for the staff development; critiques, instructs, mentors, evaluates, and coaches. Maintain a safe work environment and a strong customer focus. Create an environment that consistently fosters employee understanding of quality and to train, facilitate and motivate all employees to actively participate in the process of continuous quality improvement
- Develop direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning dynamically important tasks, rewarding positive behavior, and applying disciplinary action as appropriate. Establish and monitors daily work metrics and provides direction and mentorship to lower-level supervisors, experienced exempt employees, or skilled nonexempt staff to achieve unit or project goals.
- Retains responsibility for product from initial assembly to final distribution. Schedules and organizes assigned manufacturing lines to achieve 100% product availability and maintain targeted levels of inventories. Communicates to line personnel daily while maintaining a constant line presence.
- Maintains regular communication with exempt level staff to ensure alignment in running operations and achieving objectives. Maintains an extraordinary work environment with 100% training and compliance to applicable procedures, responsible for achieving dept. attendance targets including immediate feedback to employees by instance.
- Coordinates activities related to shift starts and changes, Interacts with int. & ext. customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures. Interprets and executes policies that affect work processes and personnel
- Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g., compliance with FDA, BSI, EEO regulations, etc.).
- Monitors and communicates internal and external indicators that impact the business and/or industry by reviewing reports and newsletters, reading social literature, meeting with peers and reading departmental reports.
Are you ready to join our family?
University Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
LOCATION:Costa Rica > Alajuela : AVCR-1
WORK SHIFT:Cr09Sal (Costa Rica)
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Not Applicable