Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Neuromodulation business is an area of expertise for Abbott. This business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. Our Solutions include Proclaim (TM) XR SCS System, the #1 Spinal cord stimulator on the market, Proclaim (TM) DRG Neurostimulator, the only FDA approved DRG therapy and a market leader in radiofrequency ablation therapy, Abbott RFA. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum. Our deep brain stimulation technology for progressive diseases help people manage their Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor symptoms, steering away from side effects.
Our location in Plano, TX currently has an opportunity for a Staff Supply / Demand Planner. This role will lead the Supply / Demand planning team in the effective application of best practice and processes, to ensure that sufficient stocks are available to meet customer demand. This role will have direct responsibility for either Supply or Demand planning depending on the qualifications and development needs of the individual candidate.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Bring together plans for the business (sales & marketing, new products, manufacturing, supply chain & financial) into integrated set of plans to be presented and analyzed within the S&OP process, reviewing and challenging assumptions, vulnerabilities and opportunities.
- Ensure a robust demand forecasting process; making use of, and developing, necessary tools to support the forecasting activities. Ensure clear documentation of assumptions and occurrences in order to analyze the root causes to further improve the accuracy of the forecasts and resolve critical business issues.
- Ensure relevant and necessary policies and procedures are in place and regularly updated to facilitate clear roles and responsibilities.
- Conduct training on S&OP processes and Demand Forecasting tools to relevant employees
- Collaborate with inventory management team to develop commercial field inventory strategies aligned with the organizations financial targets.
- Analyze supply issues and plan actions to improvement supply chain efficiency and responsiveness
- Drive the demand management review process to develop robust demand forecasts to achieve acceptable accuracy levels. Ensure the proper inventory mix is maintained at the distributor to ensure no stock outs and expire
- In cooperation with global commercial teams and inventory management teams, manage risk of excess/expiring products to minimize write offs and returns Review and approve distributor claims in coordination with regional Finance / Accounting team
- Engage with master data governance process SME’s to ensure effective data management for Supply Network Planning system signals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or other related disciplines
- Minimum of 6 years Demand Management experience
- Minimum of 6 years Advanced SAP, APO, DP / SNP skills
- Advanced data analysis experience with Microsoft Excel and Power BI
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- MBA preferred
- Medical Device Industry experience with an understanding of a regulatory environment
- Experience in logistics or procurement
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment
- Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.