Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Staff Manufacturing Engineer
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Staff Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. The individual in this position will plan and supervise resources and processes required for successful implementation of Operations projects, as well as work to design and develop manufacturing processes, tooling, and fixtures to meet daily production schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality.
This position will also be involved in the management of activities to ensure that project scope and plans are implemented in accordance with Abbott project methodologies, through proposal, start up, execution and completion.
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day direction of their matrix team and direct reports as applicable, and requires exemplary motivation, communication, and organization skills. This individual will have a unique opportunity to make a mark on the organization as a leader by creating and managing an effective team environment, while working on state-of-the-art products and processes allowing them to make a significant P&L impact in the organization.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to act and accomplish goals.
- Mechanical, Chemical or any engineering or technical degree
- 9+ years manufacturing engineering experience; Medical Device Preferred
- Bridge communication between technical areas and business areas for a full and complete understanding of project requirements and project delivery
- Proactive in issue identification and resolution, and excellent logical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership capability in team settings
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint skills
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
DIVISION:SH Structural Heart
LOCATION:United States > Minnesota> St. Paul > Woodridge : 177 East County Rd B
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf