Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber engineer Sr. Process Development Technician to provide manufacturing support to production operators, engineering, and quality departments in a team environment
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
· Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
· Ability to handle and maneuver small components and parts
· Follow safety guidelines and utilize appropriate safety devices when performing all operations
· Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives in order to enhance production processes to achieve quality and profitability metrics.
· Maintain accurate records to ensure DHR and quality documents are accurate, all parts are traceable and quality issues can be addressed to assure the quality of all products.
· Ability to read, comprehend, and follow written procedures; understand and follow verbal instructions.
· Understanding of and ability to utilize electronic data collection systems and computer software packages.
· Ability to prioritize work by determining the sequencing and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance.
· Positively represent the company during tours by demonstrating techniques and sharing appropriate information.
· Performs troubleshooting of process and product non-conformances
· Perform routine/preventative maintenance on applicable equipment and documenation in InforEAM CMMS
· Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
· Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
· Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Your Experience (s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
· 2 year technical degree preferred
· 5+ years experience, preferably in medical device industry
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
· Demonstrated experience with fixture development, troubleshooting equipment, packaging, assembly and performing machine and process set-ups.
· Experience in GMP, ISO, and FDA controlled environments preferred
· Proficient computer, data analysis and report writing skills
SH Structural Heart
United States > Minnesota > Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf