Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health. Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Lake Forest, Illinois, currently has an opportunity for a Sr. Financial Analyst.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
This role partners with the Diagnostics Commercial Business Units and works with all Finance teams including Commercial and Contracting / Pricing organizations across the domestic and international affiliates at Abbott gaining extensive insights into local business strategies and practices and building strong business partnerships with teams around the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The position will support the new Lessor Accounting requirements for the Diagnostics Division at the Headquarters level by providing guidance and support to Global Affiliates on lease contract assessment and by following the accounting process to ensure proper recognition of revenue and other P&L and B/S items related to lessor accounting adjustment as well as participating in planning and forecast cycles to support the projections of lessor accounting financials.
- Support annual plan and rolling LBE forecasts to capture the financial impact of the lease accounting standard changes inclusive of both domestic and international affiliates.
- Participate in annual global scope assessment and review with Divisional and Corporate Management. This includes an annual review with all major affiliates Commercial Finance and Business Unit teams on key lease contract practices.
- Analyze historical data to support ongoing revenue and margin analyses and to investigate new trends to provide insights on financial and business impacts
- Global support and consulting of all Diagnostics organizations to provide interpretation and application of new lease accounting standards to ensure consistent practices across all affiliates.
- Maintain global lessor accounting systems to meet reporting and accounting requirements.
- Drive the month end close process and provide relevant Senior Management reporting packages.
- Work with outside vendor to adapt global lessor accounting systems to new requirements, including separation of interest income from total lease revenue.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required. CPA or MBA preferred.
- 3 – 4 years, minimum, industry experience in technical accounting (i.e. Lease Accounting) Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Strong analytical and communication skills. Ability to communicate complex topics to a broad financial and non-financial audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills interacting with domestic and international organizations within ADD, all Finance towers (including FP&A, Shared Services, CFS), and ADD senior management.
- Financial Planning and Analysis work experience from large corporations (e.g. Fortune 500 or similar).
- Experience with any of the following financial management and accounting systems: Hyperion, SAP, and/or TM1.
- Understanding of accounting principles, practices and standards
- Experience in working with international organizations
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Pension Plan
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
JOB FAMILY:Financial Planning and Analysis
LOCATION:United States > Lake Forest : CP01 Floor-5
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf