Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in St. Paul, MN., currently has an opportunity for a Sr DevOps Engineer.
DevSecOps Engineer Primary functions:
· Develop large and/or complex software programs, including designing, coding and testing related to infrastructure automation and application deployment.
· Enable tool suites for infrastructure automation and application deployment.
· Define and creates test cases, executes test activities and reports on progress.
· Define, plan & design application requirements for new or modified applications.
· Leverage existing understanding of infrastructure AND application development and deployment as well as on the job learning to support DevSecOps projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Passion for DevOps, Agile, and Security
· Working knowledge of Azure and Azure PaaS services
· Working knowledge of Waterfall, Agile, and primarily DevOps development methodologies
· Normally determines technical objectives of assignments. Exercises latitude in approach to solutions
· Knowledgeable in managing software code projects and conducting management of said projects
· Experience with Automation in testing or orchestration
· Knowledgeable in software development languages such as Golang and Ruby
· Experience with tools such as Terraform or Ansible or Openshift, Git, Gitlab
· Knowledgeable in CI/CD in relation to Gitlab, Azure DevOps, or similar platforms
· Ability to become SME on: Palo Alto, F5 Networks, RHEL, Windows,
· Exposed to security checks in CI/CD pipelines
· Understanding of virtualization and container technologies (Docker, AKS/Kubernetes, etc.)
· Experience with REST APIs
· Experience managing vendor relationships
· Ability to contribute to DevOps workflows via scripting and other regular system administration activities
· Demonstrated knowledge of PowerShell and/or other object-oriented scripting languages
· General exposure to how key networking components operate/function, primarily firewalls and load-balancers/reverse proxies such F5 LTM/GTM or Azure native services
· Provide system performance optimization, maintenance and production support
· Refine conceptual system requirements into a technical design consisting of job flows and program specifications
· Understand customers’ business objectives and system requirements and work closely with customers to determine their strategic requirements and measure performance against expectations. Assist in customer resolutions
· Responsible for staying abreast of new developments in hardware and software technologies and making recommendations as appropriate
· Applies enterprise security policies and standards when performing all operational duties
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Degree in computer science, networking or related IT field and/or 7+ years of equivalent IT experience
· 3+ years of DevOps experience
· 2+ years of Azure experience preferred
· 3+ years of software development experience
· Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
· Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
· Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with on boarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
IT Services & Solutions Delivery
GIS Global Information Services
United States > Minnesota > St. Paul > Lillehei : One Lillehei Plaza
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf