World Leader in Glucose Monitoring, Abbott Diabetes Care designs, develops and manufactures glucose monitoring systems for use in both home and hospital settings.
We have a Centre of Excellence and Innovation in Witney for the manufacture of test strips and biosensors used by patients and healthcare professionals for the day-to-day management of diabetes. The Operations group is the largest team in the Witney facility, producing high volumes of test strips and biosensors each year to the stringent quality standards demanded by European and US authorities and our internal quality systems.
To support ongoing business growth and investment in our site,we have opportunities for Sensor Technicians to join our manufacturing teams on a permanent basis. These positions are on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern basis, working 07:00 to 19:00.
Working within a GMP environment to produce consistently high-quality products, your main responsibility will be to operate automated precision equipment to strict quality and compliance standards. In addition, you will be:
- Placing product onto equipment, inputting data accurately onto machines, closely monitoring the processes and interpreting data to ensure critical process parameters and yield standards are being met
- Inspecting visually or with the use of specified instruments, as directed, materials following the relevant Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with the ADC quality system, good manufacturing practice and regulatory requirements
- Assisting in projects to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the quality system and product quality
- Operating basic laboratory equipment to formulate lab based stock and proprietary solutions
- Maintaining cleanroom environment to ISO standards
To be successful you will require secondary level education, excellent organisation, observational skills and attention to detail. You will be required to work with multiple departments across the site and therefore excellent communication skills are vital to the role. The ideal candidate will be a proactive individual who takes initiative and is able to work independently as well as part of a high performing cross functional team within a regulated, quality-driven manufacturing environment.
We would be particularly interested to hear from individuals with team and people leadership experience who are looking to establish themselves in a new environment before progressing into a leadership role.
In addition to a COMPETITIVE SALARY, Abbott offers a highly ATTRACTIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE which includes a defined-contribution pension scheme, a share ownership scheme, private healthcare, life assurance, and a flexible benefits scheme which you can tailor to your own requirements. Here at Witney, we also like to help our employees live life to the fullest, and therefore we offer a range of optional initiatives for you to get involved in, including onsite allotments, couch to 5k campaigns, bee keeping, yoga and more!
LOCATION:United Kingdom > Witney : Production Facility
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Not Applicable