Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The Research Information Scientist conducts research in specialized biomedical databases to answer complex inquiries including creating customized bibliographies and organizing clinical data from published research into reports, graphics, tables and other customized deliverables.
- Supports project-based research, including searches related to competitive technical intelligence
- Creates literature search strategies, reviews/appraises results, summarizes/analyzes pertinent clinical literature
- Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge and understanding of molecular and diagnostic subject matter
- Creates and monitors current awareness on industry related topics
- Monitors, updates, and improves knowledge and expertise with respect to information research tools and resources
Minimum Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors' Degree in the medical, biological, physical or engineering disciplines required
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Advanced degree in a science discipline or an MLS preferred with at least 1-3 years relevant experience in healthcare, lab or library setting
- A clinical background combined with an MLS, a bench scientist with a strong proficiency for secondary research or those with medical writing experience are encouraged to apply
- Proficiency of secondary research tools and information retrieval techniques using databases such as Medline, Embase, Cochrane, etc. and platforms such as STN, Dialog, Scopus, Dimensions
- Ability to review and analyze technical information
- Ability to work with clients to develop solutions that meet expectations and deliver value
- High customer focus, flexibility, initiative, ability to prioritize workload, high accuracy, diligence and a fast responder
- Excellent people skills, ability to work well in a team and in an individual capacity, and willingness to take the lead on initiatives or as assigned
- Ability to quickly learn, and continuously develops talent and skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional attitude to allow agile and proactive responses to changing business demands and opportunities
- Fluency in English (any other language is an advantage)
JOB FAMILY:Administrative Support
DIVISION:AS Corporate Admin Services
LOCATION:United States > Abbott Park : AP06A Floor-2
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf