Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our location in Westford, MA currently has an opportunity for a R&D Project Manager. In this role you will direct, manage and coordinate Program Development projects through cross-functional teams for game-changing technology (OCT and FFR).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
· Responsible for development and execution of detailed project plans to achieve overall program goals;
· Lead, coordinate and/or participate on cross-functional team activities from Concept Phase through Product Launch Phase;
· Responsible and accountable for meeting program development requirements, meeting program cost goals, quality objectives and time-to-market objectives;
· Analyze complex problems including those related to project risks; identify their impact; establish probabilities;
· Responsible for completing documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with business and quality standards;
· Travel up to 20% of the time both domestically and internationally by any means necessary to support organizational goals;
· Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
· Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor's degree (preferably in Engineering, science or a closely related discipline is desired) or equivalent technical experience and demonstrated competence; additional post-graduate education may contribute toward the desired years of experience;
· Typically requires 3-5 years of experience in complex, technical program / project management to develop the competence required to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position; skilled in project planning and management; strong decision-making and problem-solving skills; demonstrated good judgment; working knowledge of new product development methodologies; ability to be creative in achieving objectives while assuring compliance to internal and external requirements; ability to utilize commonly accepted project management tools to assist in the development of and adherence to a schedule; ability or aptitude to work on problems that are complex in scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors; ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behavior; ability to work independently and in groups; ability to work cross-functionally; ability and aptitude to use various types of databases and other computer software; ability to prioritize.
· Medical Device experience
· Some experience with software/computer science
· Familiar with AGILE
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
United States > Massachusetts > Westford : 4 Robbins Road
Yes, 15 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf