Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Altavista VA currently has an opportunity for a Processing Operator III . This site is Abbott’s largest Nutrition manufacturing plant in the world. But working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 650+ that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Preparation/operation/monitoring/documentation of bulk slurries for blending operations.
- Preparation/operation/monitoring/documentation of computer-controlled heat treatment and blending processes.
- Weighing/documenting/staging, utilizing a computer-controlled weigh system for batch ingredients.
- Preparation/operation/monitoring/documentation of a computer-controlled clean-in-place (CIP) system utilized for manufacturing equipment (i.e. tanks, heat treatment system, etc.).
- Preparation/perform/document product Line work operations (i.e. Standardization/Final Water using ingredients, flavors, oils etc.).
- Maintain area GMP compliance through routine cleaning of equipment, general area and preventative maintenance of equipment; adherence to batch work order and job procedures, while recording/maintaining accurate documentation.
- Receipt and transportation of bulk raw ingredients, CIP chemicals etc.
- Identify daily bottlenecks to the production demand and develop plans to remove them, this may include the need to flow to the work and assist where needed.
You’ll be accountable for meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years experience in a processing function
- Prior food manufacturing or similar batch process with a significant emphasis on Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and computer-controlled systems
- Some College or Vocational School
- Processing Certification
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.