At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 130 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 107,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 160 countries we serve.
Abbott Point of Care is a worldwide leader in providing with-patient care solutions that are intuitive, reliable, and cost-effective for our customers. By delivering lab-quality results in minutes, our i-STAT® System family of with-patient products and services fosters a collaborative, patient-centered environment while driving operational performance. We are headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, with more than 1,500 global employees and a presence in 84 countries. Our 46,500 square meter, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, Abbott Point of Care, is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Status: Regular/Full Time
In this role you will be responsible for management of financial activities for a manufacturing plant related to accounting, financial planning & forecasting, compliance and reporting of financial data.
- Implements the operating procedure in the area, in accordance with internal policies / directives.
- Provide hands on supervision of other managers / supervisors, develop and maintain well training and motivated staff.
- Anticipate and identify business issues including performance gaps, opportunities and emerging needs and develop appropriate action plans to maximize business profitability and performance against key measures.
- Assures compliance with Abbott CFM’s and GAAP and the integrity of our financial planning, reporting and analysis and related processes.
- Manages the plant financial control function with focus on financial planning & analysis, financial reporting and business support.
- The Plant Controller as a key member of the site leadership team will provide financial leadership to manufacturing operations, quality & supply chain organizations. Provides guidance in setting strategic direction for the site to achieve long term objectives.
- In conjunction with the Site Director, set the appropriate financial direction ensuring the proper reflection of financial results and forecasts.
- Develop the annual financial plan and rolling LBEs including standard costing, P&L performance & capital planning.
- Ensure proper reporting, analysis and monitoring of actual results against Plans & LBE’s.
- Provide financial support and leadership to drive key gross margin improvement initiatives across the manufacturing site.
- Provide business partnership to all functions and deploy financial awareness and education programs to site employees
- Ensure compliance with all relevant local and corporate policies and procedures.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required: Advanced Degree desirable; i.e. MBA; Masters
- 7+ years of experience in accounting, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Supervisory experience is a must.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results and set vision/strategy.
Abbott Canada is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without discrimination based on factors such as race, sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, disability, age, citizenship, family or marital status, political beliefs, sexual preference or other factors included in human rights legislation.
Our diversity goals for recruitment, hiring, and retention are embedded in our corporate goals, and our diversity initiatives are supported by the highest level of the organization.
We strongly believe that a diverse workforce fosters more creative and innovative thinking throughout the organization. Creating an inclusive environment, where everyone is respected and valued, enables us to leverage our diversity as a business driver and strengthens our position as a global leader.
Abbott strives to promote and maintain an inclusive, high-performing culture that allows all employees to reach their full potential and contribute to Abbott’s success.
JOB FAMILY:Financial Planning and Analysis
DIVISION:APOC Point of Care
LOCATION:Canada > Ottawa : 185 Corkstown Road
WORK SHIFT:M-F (Canada)
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)