Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmia, or irregular heartbeats.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
Provides for and delivers health care services to workers and worker populations within an occupational setting to assist ill and injured employees to reach maximum health and productivity
Functions as a clinical liaison between site managers and third-party health care providers to ensure that individual employees who sustain occupational injuries/illnesses are provided appropriate health services and prepared for a safe return to work or an optimal alternative
With a focus on quality outcomes and cost-effective solutions, serves as a clinical coordinator for individual employees requiring access to health services across multiple systems
Using a unique knowledge of employees, their social or family system, and the work environment, the occupational health nurse assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the care provided to individual employees
Practices within the parameters of professional license to ensure consistency with legal, labor, regulatory and corporate requirements
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for providing direct clinical services and primary nursing care to workers.
- Provides initial assessment of occupational injuries, illnesses and exposures and may treat or refer for further evaluation as necessary in accordance with clinical guidelines and protocols.
- Assesses non-occupational sudden injuries/illnesses occurring at work, determines the immediacy of treatment, and gives guidance to seek care from emergency/personal health care providers in accordance with clinical guidelines and protocols.
- Responsible for coordinating the identification and provision of appropriate health care services for work related and non- work related injuries/illnesses to facilitate an individual employee’s prompt recuperation and safe return to work.
- Acts as the site’s point of contact for the Abbott Leave Center and Matrix third party adjusters in order to receive and communicate accurate and updated information about the progress of an injured/ill employee.
- Assists supervisors and employees with return to work issues including work restrictions, modified scheduling and job accommodations.
- Responsible for handling workforce/workplace issues and emergencies.
- Serves as the Occupational Health expert in education and training for the local site and field sales.
- Conducts workplace walkthroughs/assessments and exposure follow-up.
- Responsible for providing support of clinical research and phlebotomy departments.
- Responsible for knowledge and compliance with pertinent laws and regulations governing Occupational Health and Safety.
- Collaborates with management and the broad Environmental, Health and Safety staff to carry out mutual corporate objectives.
- Works with Global Occupational Health Services (GOHS) to ensure site compliance to relevant Abbott/GOHS procedures/policies.
- Ensures that employee medical records are maintained and safeguarded appropriately.
- Responsible for coordinating workplace health promotion and disease prevention activities, i.e., health fairs, flu shots, and Live Life Well events.
- Serves as expert in health promotion and disease prevention to the site and field sales.
- Prepares accurate Occupational Health metrics due annually in January. Upholds the Occupational Health Nursing and Nursing standards.
- Maintains collaboration with Global Occupational Health Services (GOHS) , while participating in, facilitating, or guiding the development of policy initiatives that impact Occupational Health and Safety
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education to ensure competency and performance consistent with professional Occupational Health Nursing standards.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and performing other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Registered Nurse (RN) with current license to practice in the state or jurisdiction of employment Bachelors degree required
Masters degree preferred
Certification in occupational health nursing preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
Training and career development, with on boarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
DIVISION:CRM Cardiac Rhythm Management
LOCATION:United States > Liberty : 253 Financial Blvd - Building 3
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf