Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Scientific Affairs Manager / Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world - in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals - that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
At Abbott Molecular, we realize the potential of personalized care as the laboratory’s most trusted and preferred source for molecular diagnostic solutions. We are a division of Abbott Laboratories, a global, diversified healthcare innovator with a legacy of pioneering work in medical diagnostics.
Position Summary :
This position plans, establishes, grows, and coordinates strategic relationships with key
opinion leaders (KOL’s) and other clinicians and laboratorains for the purpose of
scientific and clinical education. This responsibility will be confined to a designated
geographic region to achieve clinical and business objectives within a therapeutic area
of AM. The role reports to Division Scientific Affairs Leadership and works cross functionally
within AM to identify, develop, and implement Scientific Affairs strategies
and tactics and also monitors results.
Position Responsibilities :
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
Duties include strategic planning, financial management, professional development,
training and support and execution of organizational goals and objectives. Responsible
for competitive business analysis and clinical positioning of a designated product line in
the geographic area. This position will also be expected to train, mentor and lead other
projects that may impact the overall organization.
- Plans, establishes, grows, and coordinates strategic relationships with key opinion
- leaders (KOL’s) and other clinicians and laboratorians for the purpose of scientific and clinical education.
- The role is fully accountable for the development, direction, and execution of appropriate Scientific Affairs goals and objectives.
- They are accountable for and have decision-making responsibility for deploying appropriate resources to support and ensure attainment of business objectives.
- This includes adhering to fiscal budgets, dissemination of scientific information within corporate regulatory and compliance guidelines, managing team and individual performance within their duties, project management and quantifying and reporting results.
- Serves as mentor for others including training and coaching.
Education/ Skills / Experience :
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business or Life Science. Preference is for the candidate to have an advanced degree.
- The ideal candidate for this job will have a minimum of 3+ years (>5 years preferred) with demonstrated leadership success in the following areas:
- Area of focus related field-based experience and/or relevant area of focus industry experience. Preferably,
- This would be an individual with multiple years of either diagnostics or device industry management experience.