Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Please Note: This is a newly-created, full-time 1st Shift position.
Primary Job Function
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system. Supervises the activities of non-exempts within an area or department. Plans resources to meet daily production schedule and product quality requirements.
Core Job Responsibilities
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system. Completes tasks according to a defined manufacturing schedule. Coordinates day to day activities; expedites and resolves day to day issues. May oversee multiple shift operations. Identifies appropriate resources to resolve routine issues. Reviews short term capacity constraints and makes adjustments as appropriate. Gathers non-routine manufacturing and quality data to address special production issues or projects. Evaluates data and determines trends, recommends areas of focus and presents options for resolution. Coordinates and supports new product launches and retirements. Provides input on production routings and capacity such as staffing levels, shift options and space requirements. Monitors training requirements and assures sufficient cross training to meet production schedule
Provides annual budget recommendations and performs routine variance analysis. Suggests and implements approved corrective action plan to resolve regulatory issues.; Assumes the lead on cross functional teams/projects. Recognizes accomplishments within department through reward and recognition programs. Assists employees in the creation of development plans; works with employees to meet their development needs. Communicates work center/department objectives and results.; Interfaces with manager on an as needed basis. Interacts directly with regulatory agencies and provides information as required.; Interprets Data and Information from Multiple Sources and Takes Action: Identifies problems or issues; gathers additional data from appropriate areas. Recommends actions for resolutions. Assesses the impact of proposed decisions and initiates appropriate actions.
- Evaluates proposed production process changes for impact to resources such floor space, labor and, capital requirements. Reviews quality data for ongoing controllable defects and develops implementation plan for corrective action.; Develops Plans to Accomplish Goals: Develops plans to accomplish competing activities or projects. Identifies appropriate functional groups for involvement.
- Coordinates with Materials, Engineering, Quality and other functional areas to meet production schedule.; Staffs Positions: Recruits, interviews, and selects candidates to fill openings.
- Completes job requisitions and submits for approval. Manages Within an approved budget: Makes day-today decisions which demonstrate a basic understanding of budgeting principles.
- Ensures overtime levels do not exceed monthly financial goals. Evaluates departmental labor efficiencies and provides input into annual standard setting process.; Exchanges Information: Exchanges information with appropriate frequency and within a time frame to maximize its utility and promote cross functional collaboration.
- Proactively communicates production line interruptions to various functional areas. Adapts Information to Customer Needs: Delivers communications tailored to the needs of the receiver; (managers, peers, customers). Example: Collects detailed information from multiple sources such as materials, engineering and quality; presents summary data. Makes Verbal Presentations: Defines purpose and objectives; organizes ideas, prepares A/V aids, keeps to time frame and presents persuasively. Example: Makes presentations to staff on policies, procedures and production schedule.; Actively Listens: Listens to acquire information and understand the other's viewpoint. Example: Comprehends employee's personal limitations on job capabilities; determines ways to accommodate both employee's and Abbott's needs. Gives Constructive Feedback: Gives appropriate, helpful information, specific to the issue; uses examples; ties feedback to specific business issues.
- Counsels employee on attendance to improve performance. Provides feedback to individuals on productivity and quality of workmanship. Resolves Conflicts: Faces conflicts and takes initiative to resolve them constructively so all parties can be productive; knows when to involve others.
- Resolves quality issues with employee by using corrective action/work improvement plans to communicate expectations.; Actively Participates in Team Meetings: Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering pro and con suggestions; works toward consensus.
- Represents production for new product launches or site projects and provides inputs and suggestions to meet goals. Shares Resources, Knowledge and Accountability: Shares resources and knowledge; assures the team takes accountability; draws on strengths of each team member.
- Completes actions as assigned in project meetings, individually or utilizing others in functional area. Serves in Multiple Team Roles: Serves as leader, contributor, facilitator, consultant, technical expert, arbitrator, evaluator according to the needs of the team and task.
- Serves as team member and/or leader on various projects for cost reductions, new software and hardware releases.; Initiates Decisions: Makes timely and effective decisions; considers alternatives, uses sound judgment.
- Determines needs for additional training, overtime to meet production schedule. Communicates to employees on a timely basis. Influences/Negotiates: Defines the business needs of various parties and works out an agreement mutually acceptable to all parties; influences others to support a course of action. Preservers in the face of adversity.
- Negotiates with engineering and planning to ensure timely cut-in of engineering changes. Motivates Others: Keeps moral high by encouraging others, giving positive feedback, and setting a good example; makes and meets commitments.
- Recognizes peers, employees and other functional areas through reward and recognition programs.; Receives/Gives Performance Feedback: Asks for and gives feedback on the strengths and development needs of self/others.
Minimum Education, Minimum Experience / Training Required:
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and Biologics.
- Bachelor's Degree required with 2-4 years of operations related experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Exceptions to the degree requirement will be considered
LOCATION:United States > Irving : LC-02
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf