Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 3,000 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial and support operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Diagnostics Division (ADD) Longford
Abbott established the first diagnostics manufacturing facility in Sligo in 1994 to manufacture blood-screening products and reagents. In 2004, Abbott Diagnostics operations in Ireland expanded with the opening of a second facility in Longford. The plant was first occupied in December 2004. Manufacturing commenced in March of the following year and the first product (Architect TSH) was launched in December of 2005. The Longford facility plays a key role in helping Abbott to meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
We currently have a vacancy for a Manufacturing Engineering Technician and this role will involve the following:
- to ensure the plant meets its customer quality, service, regulatory, financial and safety goals through effective technical support of Diagnostic Reagent Operations.
- to provide Technical & Operational Leadership & Support while proactively engaging in the mentoring and coaching of the team
- to provide the necessary support to the product manufacturing/testing team, ensuring that production targets are attained.
- Maintain leadership presence for the functional area and associated laboratory areas
- Identify training or knowledge gaps, and work with Manufacturing Technical Specialists to address.
- Provide necessary support to production schedule requirements as designated by Manager
- Work with Manager to manage manufacturing resources to execute Production Schedule responsibilities on time
- Develop Subject Matter Expertise. and take lead, in designated process/technical specialty.
- Support Manager in the recruitment and professional development of team members
- Work with Manager to set annual goals and growth plans.
- Provide leadership coverage in designated area in absence of Manager.
- Take lead to develop and maintain working relationships with cross-functional peers, including Technical Support, Quality and Supply Chain.
- Champion the principles and practices of GMP/GLP. Ensure all personnel entering the lab area adhere to the high standards of GMP/GLP
- Work with Manager to ensure continual audit readiness for the area. Take lead in addressing any product or process related Audit Action Items and drive to close.
- Promote a global knowledge sharing approach to learning's from CAPAs, PAs, CAs and audit findings in the area while driving for timeliness for completion of associated actions items.
- To work in concert with the technical support team to identify, document and investigate and remedy the cause of product non-conformance in compliance with site CA/PA systems requirements.
- Identify and implement cost reductions that do not adversely impact product quality. Support Cost reduction and Project activities within Manufacturing areas.
- Optimize the use of human resources by encouraging an atmosphere of involvement, open communication and effective teamwork.
- Work with Manager to ensure all employees comply with all company rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of the Quality Policy through daily activities
- Ensure effective communication of process information and manufacturing issues to Manager
- To ensure that the plant meets the quality requirements of its customers, internal quality systems, internal and external auditiors and other external agencies.
- To lease with, seek appropriate advice from and report when necessary to colleagues in Lake County, Dallas and Wiesbaden.
- To assist in the periodic review of controlled documents per site procedures.
- Maintain ETMS To Do List
- Conduct business in a manner that will protect human health, safety and the environment by complying with all applicable EHS laws, as well as the Abbott Global & Technical Standards.
Supervisory / Management Responsibility
- works as an individual contributor with supervisory/management responsibility
- has supervisory responsibility
- The following level of education provides a necessary foundation for this Job function
- The following level of education provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:
- a relevant third level qualification combined with background and experience as this provides a strong foundation for this job function
- The following experience provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:
- A minimum of 4 years industrial experience, 18 months of which will be in the manufacture/testing of diagnostics or related products
- A relevant post-graduate qualification with 18 months experience in the manufacture/testing od diagnostic or related products.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to work co-operatively and effectively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- A proven self-starter with the highest level of integrity in the successful completion of your work
- Excellent time keeping, attendance and performance record are a pre-requisite for this role
- The Manufacturing Process Support Lead is responsible for the day-to-day running of their area. They will be responsible for improvement/development/transfer projects and technical decisions related to product performance and goals.
- Activities broadly defined by agreed impact goals.
- Discussion and direction occurs via regular team meetings and one-to-one meetings with Manager
- Review and feedback occurs via periodic goal reviews, annual performance and career development. reviews.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com
LOCATION:Ireland > Longford : Lisnamuck
WORK SHIFT:Ie - Shftpre2 (Ireland)
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Not Applicable