Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking a Logistics Analyst to analyze and improve our freight analytics, transportation network and processes.
- Develop and maintain freight and logistics analytical data
- Develop and maintain freight reporting metrics
- Interpret data on logistics elements, such as transit time, cost, weight
- Provide ongoing analyses in areas such as transportation costs, delivery times and other KPI's,
- Develop or maintain payment systems to ensure accuracy of vendor payments.
- Support the roll-out and maintenance of transportation management systems
- Prepare reports on logistics performance measures.
- Prepare and present operational reports.
- Confer with logistics management teams to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, or minimize cost.
- Track and troubleshoot transportation from origin to final delivery.
- Recommend improvements to existing or planned logistics processes.
- Educate and develop policies for transportation related activities
- Develop or maintain models for logistics uses
- Apply analytic methods or tools to understand, predict, or control logistics operations or processes.
- Analyze logistics data, using methods such as data mining, data modeling, or cost or benefit analysis.
- Develop or maintain freight rate databases for use by supply chain departments to determine the most economical modes of transportation.
- Manage systems to ensure that pricing structures adequately reflect logistics costing.
- Communicate with or monitor service providers, such as ocean carriers, air freight forwarders, global consolidators, carriers, or trucking companies.
- Monitor industry standards, trends, or practices to identify developments in logistics planning or execution.
- Evaluate effectiveness of current or future logistical processes.
- Propose and implement logistics solutions for customers.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise.
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
- Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Required experience and education:
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or related field with a minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar logistics position preferably in the medical industry.
Strong systems experience with Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
SAP, Tableau or other database and Transportation Management System experience preferred.
JOB FAMILY:Supply Chain
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States > Minnesota > Roseville Distribution Center : 2305 Walnut St
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf