Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, OH currently has an opportunity for a Packaging Equipment Operator. This site is one of six Abbott nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., with about half of its products exported around the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 400 that works together to help nourish.
The Inventory Control Coordinator is responsible for inventory related reporting and coordination of physical inventories at the Columbus Plant.
- Utilizes computer-based systems (MITS and AMAPS) to monitor and audit plant’s production-related transactions.
- Handles additional inventory control duties as required. Assists in the coordination and execution of the year end close and physical inventory if required. Works on special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintains the cycle count program per Abbott policy. Reconciles the cycle count variances and updates the inventory system. Investigates inventory variances against perpetual inventories.
- Prepares for and participates in audits.
- Provides documentation through reports.
- Maintains various metrics that measure forecasts and operational efficiency and assists management to achieve company goals
- Enters inter-plant transfers and adjusts inventories.
- Responsible for maintaining and promoting safety by following good manufacturing practice requirements.
- Responsible for immediately reporting all issues to your manager.
- Responsible for partnering with others; Sharing knowledge, skills and information within your team and across functional areas.
- Responsible for enhancing technical and functional competencies, as well as professional and leadership development.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- High school diploma or GED
- One plus years of experience in a general office environment in data entry or in a shipping and receiving environment.
- Solid math aptitude.
- Strong analytical/investigative experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.