Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of healthcare products including diagnostics, medical devices and nutritionals products. In Ireland, Abbott employs over 4,000 people across nine sites. We have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. Abbott has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin and Galway. We have been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Ireland Nutrition Sligo
We understand that proper nutrition is the foundation for living the best life possible. That’s why we develop science-based nutrition products for people of all ages. Our products help babies and children grow, keep bodies strong and active, and support the unique nutrition needs of people with chronic illnesses — to make every stage of life a healthy one.
Abbott is a leader in providing enteral nutrition feeding devices, including enteral feeding pumps and pump sets. Enteral feeding (also known as tube feeding) is a means of providing nutrition to people who cannot obtain nutrition by swallowing. Enteral nutrition contains all the calories and vitamins a person needs.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- The Plant Engineer is responsible for overseeing the efficient and safe operation of the utility equipment under their control and reports to the Engineering & EHS Manager. This includes all aspects of the heating and ventilation system required for offices and cleanrooms, chilled water supply, compressed air supply and electrical supply.
- Execute the utilities preventive maintenance program and ensure compliance to Abbott standards.
- Ensuring that the plant has adequate levels of electrical power, compressed air, chilled water and heating and ventilation.
- Responsible for overseeing the quality and safety of Engineering works carried out on Utilities systems.
- Responsible for the sourcing, installation and validation of utilities equipment.
- Ensure timely investigation of CAPA and ensure appropriate and effective actions are implemented
- Support engineering in product, process and equipment validation where required.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the building (outside the cleanroom areas) and all external parts of the building and grounds.
- Ensure that all utilities systems/practices comply with corporate, division, ISO and EU requirements
- Support in inspections/audits performed by regulatory agencies.
- Provide support to other site functions as required
- Co-ordination of contractors for site works, maintenance or repairs.
- To provide the necessary engineering support, services and utilities to Manufacturing and Plant in general to achieve plant yearly goals.
- Follow all Health and Safety Rules and Regulations in the plant.
- Report current or potential hazards to your manager as required.
- The correct Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) must be worn at all times. Consult the appropriate SOP where required.
- The Utilities engineer is responsible for consulting any SOP’s for any job task he/she may carry out and ensure they fully understand and adhere to the SOP.
- Housekeeping is a critical function of all jobs and the Utilities engineer is expected to ensure all craftsmen working under his/her supervision ensure housekeeping activities are observed and carried out appropriately. It is important that the Utilities engineer is in adherence to the Housekeeping SOP.
- It is important that GMP is a main priority in any operation carried out in this job function.
- Any hazards or potential hazards reported to this position must be followed up by the Utilities engineer as soon as possible to reduce any incidents & accidents occurring in the Plant.
- Establish communication lines with all other departments e.g. Manufacturing, Q.A., Supply Chain, Human Resources, EHS, COE and Finance.
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- 5 years relevant experience in Engineering.
- The ability to organize, motivate and understand people.
- Ability to work on platforms, scaffolding & ladders.
- Good mental ability to logically follow a line of though for problem solving
Visit Abbott at https://www.ie.abbott/ and connect with us on Twitter at @AbbottNews.